Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mar 5 - Today Was Exhausting

  Not much to tell today.  I'm exhausted, mentally and physically.  I started to tackle reconciling an account today and it was extremely draining.  Tomorrow my trainer is back with me so I'd better tidy up my desk a little in the morning before she comes in!  There are still papers scattered everywhere but it will be the end of the week before that gets much better.
  I left for work just five minutes later than yesterday but it definitely made an unfortunate difference.  Today the drive in took me 50 minutes and the drive home took me a whole hour.  I won't update on this every day as I don't want to risk boring you to tears, but suffice it to say, commuting is a sincere pain in the arse.
  One of the huge benefits of starting early in the morning though, is that I got home by 5:30pm today.  That was enough time to relax a bit, take in yesterday's laundry and put on another load to be hung out after pilates, then get changed for pilates and head off.  I had to wear bike shorts to pilates today.  Eek!  How embarrassment.  Bike shorts are not a good look for anyone (yes, cyclists I mean you too) but unfortunately I realised too late that I'd put both pairs of exercise leggings in the wash.  I used to have more pairs but I threw out the ones that were worn out or didn't fit any more.
  Pilates was good tonight.  Despite the fact that my back has been tweaking a little lately, I felt fitter and stronger tonight.  I managed all my exercises and I even think I might be up to planking from the toes next week (currently I do it from my knees).  I managed to balance on the gym ball for five minutes without touching the ground tonight too.  Rush has ordered me my own gym ball for use at home.  Once that arrives my back will benefit from doing the hyper-extensions and balancing daily!

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic fruit and nut muesli with Roaming Cow reduced fat Greek-style yoghurt, slivered almonds, craisins and a diced dried peach half.
  • Morning snack was a large yellow-flesh peach.
  • Lunch was a Mission Mediterranean Herb wrap with 34g tasty cheese, a small sliced tomato,102g Dorsogna triple smoked ham and 28g of baby spinach.  This was followed by a small banana.
  • Afternoon snack was a Royal Gala apple.
  • Exercise was a 45 minute clinical pilates class.
  • Dinner was two 71g lemon crumbed fish fillets and some sweet potato fries done in the AirFryer.  Not the greatest choice, but better than stopping at the fish and chip shop.
  • Dessert was a honey macadamia Drumstick ice cream.


  After I hung out the laundry I made and ate dinner mindlessly on the couch in front of Family Guy.  It's been a rather hot evening and it's made me all fuzzy-brained.  It also convinced me that tonight was the right night to rid my freezer of the last Drumstick.  It still contains rainbow Paddle Pops but fortunately I think those are icky.  All the same, I hope Gub finishes them soon!
  Time for bed and book!
  Jess

1 comment: