Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mar 20 - Blerg

  I woke up with a sore throat this morning.  Not only did it make for a crappy day at work, it also meant that I didn't get to see Mr Smart today.  I was going to go and have dinner with him at his sister's place tonight but I didn't want to get him or his family sick so now I don't get to see him until next week because this Saturday is the Victory vs. Glory match.
  Work was difficult.  I tried not to get too close to anyone.  I ate my lunch in a far off corner.  I don't want to make anyone else sick but I'm too damn stubborn to stay home around my invoice entry deadline (which is tomorrow).  I got a fair bit done, but it was tricky to focus especially when I started getting a little woozy towards the end of the day.  Good thing I decided to take the train after all.  I really hate being sick.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was 125g strawberries with half a teaspoon of sugar, a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic fruit & nut muesli and 90g of Roaming Cow strawberry yoghurt.
  • Snacks throughout the day were, two cups of Twinings green tea with lemon, a yellow-flesh nectarine and a Granny Smith apple.
  • Lunch was a small pasta carbonara from Mambo Italia.  I wanted something warm, creamy and easy to swallow (no jokes please, it hurts to laugh).
  • Dinner was a 300g tomato, lentil and bacon soup with a toasted cheese sandwich (two slices of Abbott's Village Bakery harvest seeds & grains bread and two slices of Bega So Light tasty cheese) and four baby roma tomatoes.

  I think I did pretty well with my eating today considering how rotten I was feeling.  Oh no wait, I was trying to conveniently forgot about the
  • 10 Assorted Tim Tams
    (5 Turkish Delight, 3 Dark Choc Orange and 2 Dark Choc Mint).
  Yes I acknowledge I was comfort eating, yes I acknowledge that I binged and yes I will even acknowledge and admit that it didn't help and just made me feel crappier.  Oh well.. live and learn.  At least there are substantially fewer Tim Tams in the house now, and I won't be eating any more of them.  Gub you must eat five original Tim Tams when you are back next week, Mum I expect you to polish off the three remaining mint ones.
  I am now going to switch off and chill out.  I am going to experiment tomorrow with a later start time in order to a) see how it changes the commute and b) get some extra sleep if at all possible.
  Goodnight all.
  Jess

PS: Really weird, some guy on the train forgot his bike when he got off at Westall station.  How the hell do you forget your bike?

1 comment:

  1. A: Happy to help out with the timtams from here and B: you sound good - like I did before I finally quit smoking - I would start smoking again, but it got to the point where it didn't even make me feel better, it just made me feel worse. I love you, and I hope you don't beat yourself up about today - the horse is still there waiting ;) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete