Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mar 28 - A Long Short Week

  This work week was only four days, but boy was it a long one.  I'm glad to see the back of it.  I managed to get the bare bones for an effective end of month done, but there is so much I haven't learned yet that I'm sure I've missed plenty of things.  As long as I've worked out what I'm supposed to be doing by end of financial year I'll be happy, but that is terrifyingly only two and half months away now!  I am guessing I may be putting in some longish hours between now and then.
  I stayed back after work tonight and had a very long and interesting conversation with my boss and the Duty Manager before heading home to eat my favourite dinner as prepared by my very own Mum!  The dish we refer to as 'fettucine' in my family, is in fact more accurately 'spaghetti alla funghi'.  It's spaghetti with a dark grey sauce of mushrooms, bacon and olives, and it is utterly divine and extremely satisfying.
  After dinner, I realised that I had better make a nice clean space for Gub to sleep when she got home tonight.  Mum and Dad are both here now, so they are occupying the spare room in full.  I'm in my room, so that leaves my office.  My office in which the majority of the floor hasn't seen the light of day for the better part of three years.
  I sat on the floor and began the sort and chuck process.  I was amazed at how much I was able to throw away, how disconnected I've become from some possessions and mementos with the passing of time.  In a few hours, my office became the cleanest I can ever remember it being.  My desk is still a hideous mess of paperwork, but I feel less daunted by it now.  I might even begin to tackle it over Easter!
  When I had a sufficiently spick and span looking corner I took a photo and texted it to Mr Smart.  The response came back "Whose office floor?",  "Mine!" I sent back, slightly bemused that he might think I was cleaning anyone else's office.  "How was I supposed to recognise it? ;)" was his cheeky response.  I took it on the chin and laughed.  The floor has never been clean in the entire time we've been dating.

  Today's food was:
  • Breakfast was two slices of toasted Bürgen wholemeal and seeds bread with Nutino chocolate hazelnut spread (getting in to the Easter spirit early).
  • Morning snack was two yellow-flesh plums and a 17g Cadbury Dairy Milk hollow Easter egg.
  • Lunch was a Baa-Baa-Burger with a small chips and herbed mayo dipping sauce from Grill'd at QV.
  • Evening snack was a single tiny solid Easter egg.
  • Dinner was spaghetti alla funghi with a little parmesan grated on top served with a mixed salad with a balsamic and olive oil dressing.

  Tomorrow is Good Friday so the breakfast table is already set with hot cross buns, butter and Easter eggs!  I'll have to remember not to go too nuts though as I'm having lunch at Mr Smart's sister's place too!  I make it a general rule that hot cross buns are for Good Friday only.  The supermarkets might like it if we all started buying them in January when they start selling them, but I bought mine today and I intend to fully enjoy them tomorrow!  Have a wonderful Easter break everyone.
  Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment