Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mar 3 - Getting Nervous Now!

  Tomorrow is my first day in my new role as Senior Office Administrator.  It's always nerve wracking starting a new job as you can never be fully aware of what expectations might be placed upon you.  Certainly I know the hours I'm expected to do, and most of the tasks (though I'm a little rusty on a couple of them), but there are other more subtle expectations that people can place on you in terms of dress, behaviour, lifestyle/work balance, language, modus operandi and a whole host of other little things.
  The good thing is, I'm transferring within the same company, so most of the people I will work closely with, already have a good idea of what they are getting.  I'm not as sure though of what I'll be getting but the guys seem pretty friendly and fun so hopefully the anxiety will be all for naught.  I'm also a bit anxious about all the possibilities this new role will bring, including a rather high chance that I will end up moving house to experience inner city living.  Most of the possibilities seem to be resoundingly positive, I think it's just the fear of the unknown at this point!
  This morning, Pizza Cat just barely woke me when she jumped up to usurp Mr Smart's newly vacated spot in the bed.  I didn't wake completely until my lovely warm pod coffee arrived.  We started watching Ratatouille but eventually hunger got the best of us and we decided that a breakfast out was in order.
  We sent word to the Masterchefs that we were thinking of heading to The Old Fire Station for breakfast and they bundled up the Minichefs and headed up to meet us.  I had their Eggs Benedict and half a side serve of fried mushrooms.  It was quite a boisterous breakfast with the three kids around, but they were well behaved and seemed to enjoy themselves as much as the grown ups did.  It's not everyday they get french fries and juice for breakfast I suppose!


  After breakfast I headed off home, my head full of good intentions about the chores I would get done in preparation for my first week working in the city.  Of course what I actually did was dick around with my phone and write up yesterday's blog.
  The blog is taking up a lot more time these days than I had originally intended it to so I'm thinking about ways to cut it back again.  Treating it less like a diary is one option but I don't want to bore you all senseless with just 'today I ate' entries.  Mr Smart has suggested that perhaps I cut down the regularity but I did sort of have the idea that I would do one a day for at least the first year.  What would your suggestions be?  You're the readers after all!  I'd love to hear from you about what bits you do and don't like, and any changes you'd like to see so comment away!
  About 7:30pm I was getting peckish and in no mood to cook so I headed down to the Kebab Joint and got a box of lamb and salad with garlic sauce for dinner.  It was good and satisfying but I found I still had a sweet craving afterwards.  I'm going to ignore it and try sipping water until it goes away.
  I have been eating far two many sweet things of late and as much as I adored it and love Bertie for making it, I am throwing out the rest of the birthday cake to remove it from temptation!
  It's 8:30pm now and I am going to sign off, chuck on a movie and do some cleaning, decluttering and preparing for tomorrow.  I am going to try getting up at, gulp, 6:00am tomorrow morning, so I will be trying to be in bed far earlier than usual.
Don't want to be late on my first day!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment