Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mar 23 - Surprise Visit

  I'm pleased to report that I was feeling much improved this morning.  I rolled over when I woke but the room didn't spin nearly as much!  I still took it easy today, slept late, engaged in sedentary pursuits.  The spinning still hits if I jerk my head or if I bend forward and then straighten up again but it's definitely much improved.
  It was mid-afternoon when I started having a little chat with Mr Smart.  He was pleased too hear of my improvement and that I was considering going to my Run for the Kids walk tomorrow morning and he had a suggestion for the remainder of my day.
  Given that I am most likely non-contagious now and he was more likely to get study done at my place rather than at the soccer, he had decided to forsake the soccer and come over for the evening.  Yay!  We did watch the soccer on TV and unfortunately it was not a good result for Victory so I think he was quiet happy he hadn't gone in the end.
  After the soccer, we watched episode 22 of series 1 of the original Star Trek, 'Space Seeds' which is the prelude to the movie Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan which was next on our agenda.  I had to laugh when I saw Kirstie Alley playing a Vulcan Leiutenant.

  Today's food was:

  • Lunch was three Jamie Oliver fish cakes (two plain crispy pollock, one crispy pollock, sweetcorn and cheese) with some sweet potato mini gems done in the AirFryer.  This was followed by 90g of Roaming Cow strawberry yoghurt.
  • Dinner was a delicious takeaway from Raju's Indian Restaurant.  We had an entree of papadams, samosa and tandoori chicken with raita, mint chutney and tamarind sauce then a main course of garlic naan, saffron rice, Raju's chicken chutney and spinach lamb.  The spinach lamb was extremely yummy!  The lamb just fell apart with a prod of the fork.
  • Dessert was two little Gulab Jamun and a teensy glass of Frangelico on ice.  Mr Smart put a sticky note on his glass so that we'd know which one was his.

  It was a just a quiet evening at home, watching movies, each of us doing our need tasks, study and blogging, but it was really lovely to finally get a cuddle with my Mr Smart.  Even every day tasks are somehow more pleasant in the right company.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment