Sunday, June 9, 2013

May 28 - Tapas & Tupperware

  Work was work, but I did do a spot of retail therapy in the late afternoon.  The QV branch of The Luggage Professionals was closing down and having massive discounts on all remaining stock.  Mr Smart has been thinking about getting a new proper suitcase for a while now so when I heard about the sale I rushed down bought him a brand new Antler suitcase for 50% off!  Antler, like Samsonite, have a ten year guarantee on their products so while they might be a little on the more expensive side, you know you're getting something that will last, or at least be replaced if it doesn't!
  After work I headed off to Westgarth, to the home of the every lovely Allmix for Bertie's very first solo party as a Tupperware demonstrator.  That's right people, you now have an 'in' at Tupperware!  Don't through away that old warped or cracked lid, when they say lifetime guarantee they damn well mean it.  So for all your Tupperware needs, particularly in Melbourne Australia, email tupperladyliz@gmail.com!


  Allmix certainly set the bar high for Tupperware party hosts everywhere.  Her spread of nibbles was amazing.  She had her lovely partner cooking up a storm and freshening drinks and he was even convinced to play the Tupperware party games and win Allmix her choice of prizes!  I managed to win two little prizes too, the much desired Tupperware bottle brush, a slender cleaning brush with a curved head for cleaning inside bottles and wine glasses, and a Tupperware keyring modeled after the Tupperware MicroSteamer.  You can really take its lid off and keep things in it!  I twill come in handy for the emergency Panadol I expect.
  There were a few games and a lot of questions.  Bertie did really well remembering all of the information and getting everyone to join in the fun.  I think she'll do really well at it.

  Tuesday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a largeish slightly unripe banana, a 45g Carman's apricot and almond muesli bar and a 35g Carman's dark choc blueberry and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was a green nashi pear, cored and sliced.
  • Lunch was 300g tomato, lentil and bacon skinny soup with two slices of toasted Woolworths chia bread spread with one portion of The Laughing Cow cheese spread (17.5g).
  • Afternoon snack was a gold kiwi fruit.
  • Dinner was an amazing spread of tapas goodies with non-alcoholic sangria put on by Allmix and her lovely partner.  I don't remember how many of everything I ate, but everything was lovely and I ate until I was a little over-full.  They had olives and feta stuffed bell peppers, fried chorizo bites, fresh French stick bread topped with either quince paste, spanish bacon and apple or cream cheese, prosciutto and gherkin, a baked potato frittata-style slice, chicken wings, and to top it all off, Bertie made sticky date puddings with butterscotch sauce and cream in the Tupperware MicroSteamer.

  I filled in my Tupperware order while Bertie was making the sticky date puddings.  I had a sick Mr Smart waiting at his house for me and I didn't want to keep him up waiting for me so I was preparing to rush off the second the demonstration was completed.  I ordered a Turbo Chef for preparing onions, and a Thatsa Bowl Junior for all the baking I wish I was doing.  Well done to Bertie on such a successful first party, and remember, for all your Tupperware needs email tupperladyliz@gmail.com!
  Jess

PS: Mr Smart seemed to like his new suitcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment