Thursday, June 20, 2013

Jun 6 - No Outline Written

  Well this was definitely a day in my horror week, June 7th was the worst of all the deadline days so I'm not surprised I wrote no outline, nor did I photograph anything other than my food, which lets face it, was almost entirely of convenience.  I know from my previous blog, and the fact that I didn't have muesli bars for breakfast, that I stayed at Mr Smart's last night, but beyond that I know that my entire focus for this day was on work.  I know I worked late, I do remember thinking that were he still with us today would've been Perry's 18th birthday (he was my family's black Labrador), and I do remember that my awesome neighbour Swervyn left a box of veggies on my doorstep and put my bins out.

  It doesn't make for very interesting reading though, so here is a list of ten books in no particular order that have been important to me or influenced my life.
  1. Marcovaldo by Italo Calvino
  2. Recipes Of All Nations by Countess Morphy
  3. Zen & The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M Pirsig
  4. The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
  5. The Consolations Of Philosophy by Alain de Botton
  6. Real Gorgeous by Kaz Cooke
  7. A Matter Of Honour by Jeffrey Archer
  8. My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl
  9. The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doige
  10. Hectic by Terry Lane
  I like books, rather a lot really, so it's safe to say that there have been far more books that have been important to me or influenced me than just this tiny selection, but these all have special stories attached to them, which I shall share with you on future boring days.

  Thursday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a golden delicious apple, cored and sliced.
  • Lunch was Breadtop, clockwise from the top left: two mini burgers, a teriyaki bacon bun, a ham bun, a tuna bun and in the centre, a red bean walnut filo.
  • Dinner was three Vietnamese rice paper rolls from Roll'd.
  • Dessert was a Monte Carlo, a Kingston and a Shortbread Cream.

  What are some of the books that are important to you?
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment