Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Jun 5 - Small Child On The Loose

  There is nothing quite as nice as being woken up by a happy cuddly small child, even if it is at 4:30 in the morning.  It was even nicer the second time at 7:30.  He hasn't quite got the hang of tickling yet.  He sneaks up on you and then says "Tickle tickle tickle" in the right sort of tone, but he doesn't actually tickle you.  It's hilarious, so you laugh anyway, and so does he.  He's such a happy little kid.
  I like the way that small children have absolutely no shame whatsoever, just openness and unbridled curiosity.  When I was in the bathroom, having just had my shower, he was walking around the room nearby loudly wanting to know where I'd gone.  When he was told I was in the bathroom to have a shower he waltzed on in to find me leg up on the bathtub drying myself.  "You're naked." he said matter of factly, "Yes I am." I responded.  There was no shame, no embarrassment, no guilt, just observation.  It's very refreshing and leaves me wondering why on earth we learn to suppress it.
  After I was dressed and ready to head to work, Mr Smart dropped me at Clifton Hill train station and then took my car back to his place.  I got lucky on the train, I only had to ride standing up for one station then someone near where I was standing got off so I had a seat after that.
  You see some fascinating people on trains.  I was seated opposite a young lady who despite the cold wore stockings instead of pants, despite the gloom of winter wore sunglasses, and her head was dwarfed by her enormous scarf and headphones which made me think of the Goombas from the Super Mario Bros movie.  She had her eyes closed behind the dark glasses as she zoned into her headphones, so I allowed myself the voyeuristic luxury of a quick photo.  My parting memory of this stranger was how easily she hand rolled a cigarette from a pouch of tobacco and papers in her handbag just before alighting at her station of choice.  Her presence was somehow comforting.  A unique being, like all the others.
  Work itself was ok.  I got underway with sales collections and got through a bunch of aged invoices.  My desk is getting cleaner and cleaner which is a good sign.  I felt pretty calm today which I think is partly self-delusion that I've got it under control and partly just waking up in such a nice way that the high kind of stayed with me.  At the end of the day I caught the train back to Preston.  Mr Smart met me at the station and we went and grabbed dinner from Preston Noodle.

Wednesday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 45g Carman's apricot and almond muesli bar and a 35g Carman's dark choc, cranberry and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was an unripish banana.
  • Lunch was 300g sweet potato and pumpkin skinny soup with two slices of toasted Bürgen wholemeal and seeds bread spread with one 17.5g portion of The Laughing Cow cheese spread.  This was followed by a 160g Gippsland Dairy Twist mango and blood orange flavoured yoghurt.
  • Dinner was thin egg noodles with seafood and satay sauce (prawns, squid, crabmeat, fishcake, snow peas, mushrooms, capsicum, carrots and beanshoots), and three steamed dim sims.
  • Dessert was a 50g Whittaker's Hokey Pokey milk chocolate bar.

  After dinner it was study and blog writing for each of us, or rather blog editing for me since I was putting up a guest blog.  I didn't get a lot done though as Mr Smart put Crimson Tide on in the background.  We both find have the noise of a TV show or a movie on in the background helps us work better, but it doesn't work so well for me if it's something I haven't seen before.  Then I get very distracted and end up watching it instead of doing what I'm meant to be doing!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment