Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 22 - Quality On The Cheap

  Regrettably I neglected, eleven days ago, to write a brief outline for this day's events, so I can only remember what happened based on the photos.  Work was work, quite stressful as I do recall having to deal with one or two supplier demands.  Unfortunately when you come in to a new role relatively blind, some things are bound to escape your notice or attention for longer than some find appropriate.
  I do remember the evening though.  I heard Bella exclaim in reception and I knew Mr Smart had arrived.  Bella is very impressed with Mr Smart.  She thinks he's lovely and handsome and a bit shy, which he is, and he just won her heart completely today by turning up to collect me with flowers.  I put them on my desk so I could enjoy them for the rest of the week.

  Wednesday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 35g Carman's dark choc, blueberry and almond muesli bar and the most ridiculously straight banana I've ever seen.
  • Lunch was four sushi rolls from Sushi Sushi (salt and pepper calamari, salmon, cooked tune and prawn) with a little Japanese mayonnaise and soy sauce, followed by an Arnott's Kingston biscuit, and an Arnott's orange cream biscuit.
  • Afternoon snack was one dried pear half and one dried peach half.
  • Dinner was the Red Spice Road express dinner menu.  Our entree was a betel leaf topped with a smashed prawn mixture.  The three mains we chose were: pork belly with celariac slaw and a chilli caramel and black vinegar dressing, a prawn, cucumber, bean shoot, green onion, sesame, chilli and sichuan pepper salad and a beef curry, and steamed jasmine rice.
  • Dessert was a glass of Bailey's and milk on ice.

  Red Spice Road was actually a suggestion Bella made for us a few weeks ago.  It's a really lovely restaurant, I would call it Asian fusion, and it's a hidden gem of QV.  Delicious food, but you could be forgiven if you looked at the menu and thought of it as expensive.  What Bella let me know was, they have an express early-bird dinner option.  $25 per person as long as you're seated before 6pm and out by 7pm gets you all the goodies we had.  I think for the quality of food that actually makes it pretty good value and we certainly enjoyed it all.  The timing suited us very well too as we often have an early dinner on Wednesday's.
   After dinner we headed back to Mr Smart's and he poured me a glass of Bailey's and milk on ice for dessert while I started once again to try and catch up on the blog.  It really does stress me out when I'm behind.  I miss having the time to do it, and I miss the additional support it provides.
  Jess

Blogging away on my tiny netbook.
While Pizza Cat watches and Mr Smart waits patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment