Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jun 1 - Happy Birthday Granny C!

Although it's now very belated (since I'm posting this on the 13th) a very happy birthday Granny C for the 1st!  Granny C turned 79 today.  I'm so proud of my Granny, she never lets age keep her from doing what she wants to do.  She reads my blog online every day, emails and skypes me regularly, as she does with her relatives all over the world.

  My day started relatively early for a Saturday.  I got up and ready, Mr Smart drove me to my car, and I headed off to the dentist.  I know.. what kind of fool makes a dentist appointment for 10am on a Saturday?  On the plus side my dentist said everything looked like I'd been taking good care of my teeth, but unfortunately a small pit had formed on my 4/5 tooth which needed attending too.
  My dentist is fortunately very patient, very good and very careful not to cause pain or discomfort.  I hate having my lip numbed, so at my request he tried to do it without anesthetic but I had to stop him not long in because it was too painful to get through.  I was really happy he let me take a picture while he was working.  I think it came out well!


  I went to the supermarket on the way home and grabbed supplies.  Some instant dinners of soup and ingredients to make a lamb casserole in the slow cooker tomorrow.  I forgot the 400g tin of tomatoes again!  Mr Smart and I had a chuckle about that when I told him.  It was a bit quiet in the house so I put on a string of movies in the background to keep me company:  Anastasia, The Princess & The Frog, Wreck-It Ralph, How To Train Your Dragon.  I also realised as a preview came on, that I'd never watched Shrek Forever After so I expect a four part Shrek marathon is in order at some point.
  I did a little laundry and a few other minor chores, just enough to feel like the day wasn't completely wasted.  Apart from that I did very little today.  I had a catch up with Chook on the phone which was nice, but I didn't really do much else.  I couldn't even eat until 3pm because until then the anesthetic was still effective!
  I've been thinking of going in to work tomorrow and Mr Smart did suggest that if I wanted to I could come back and stay over tonight as well but I just wanted to sleep in my own bed for once.  It's been a bit overwhelming lately, not knowing where I'll be or when I'll ever get home.  It makes me feel disjointed.  I sat on the couch and peeled off my shellacs.  They were starting to lift and one of my nails broke necessitating a full cut and file.
  I caught up with Earnest on the phone later in the evening.  He has the kids this weekend and Caboodle woke up at one point after a bad dream and had to have a little chat with her Auntie Jess before she'd go back to bed.  She's very excited that she, Bugalugs and Earnest will be visiting me later in the year.  I'm very excited about that too.

  Saturday's food was:

  • Lunch was two toasted sandwiches, each comprising two slices of Bürgen wholemeal and seeds bread, one slice spread with Rosella mustard pickles then topped with two slices of Woolworth Select Tasmanian light tasty cheese and 100g silverside.  I also had a just ripe banana.
  • Afternoon snack was a 35g Carman's macadamia, coconut and apricot roasted nut bar.
  • Dinner was a 300g red Thai chicken soup with two slices of toasted Bürgen wholemeal and seeds bread spread with 17.5g of The Laughing Cow cheese spread (split between the two slices because I acknowledge that two portions, while creamy and delicious, was overkill).
  • Dessert was a trifle of sorts... I took a large glass tumbler and layered Dairy Farmers Thick & Creamy 98% fat free vine passionfruit flavoured yoghurt, canned blackberries, a slice of heated banana bread, more yoghurt and topped it with a sprinkle of slivered almonds, sunflower seeds and craisins.  It was very satisfying.

  I still can't decide whether I'll go in to work tomorrow or not.. maybe.. depends on how productive I end up being here I suppose.  My lamb casserole will be on by lunchtime in the slow cooker, ready for dinners in the coming week.  Hopefully it goes well!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment