Sunday, June 16, 2013

Jun 3 - Long Day

  Work was a 10am start and a 10pm finish.  It was a long day.  Finishing up car park stuff for May and refining the spreadsheet for June took up a lot of the day.  Tiresome, but it had to be done.  The more I learn about the car park the more I have to amend how I've been doing things.  Understanding begets improvement and all that.
  The highlight of today, was the opening of the QV Hotham Lodge!  There is snow-making, and 100 free lunches every day, and little activities and things.  It looks amazing!  The marketing girls certainly know how to create an enticing place.  I'm really impressed with it all.  I'm scheduled for snow-making duty on Friday.


  For what was left of the day after the dribs and drabs of May had been cleared, I did a bunch of invoice entry that I already had prepared since the May cut off, and then I planned out tomorrow's priorities, thought at this point, since almost everything is due on Friday, my priorities are pretty much all urgent and important.
  I am slowly slowly catching up with blogs, but since I'm writing this one up on the 16th I guess you could say that's going to be the case for a while.  It's definitely hard to feel like going home and blogging after a day like today.  The best I could manage was to sit on facebook and click mindlessly until exhaustion overtook me and sent me to bed.
  By now you'll have read the guest blogs by Mr Smart, Pengi and Gub.  It was awesome to have that support.  Thank you so much!

  Monday's food was:

  • Breakfast was 50g Uncle Tobys creamy honey oats with a small serve of tinned blackberries.
  • Lunch was a baked pasta bolognese from the QV Hotham Lodge, provided by Squisito.  It was really yummy and creamy, like lasagna but with penne.
  • Afternoon snack was a golden delicious apple, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was leftover lamb casserole with quinoa.
  • Dessert was a 35g Carman's macadamia, coconut and apricot roasted nut bar.
 

   And so begins the most horrible two weeks of my working year.  It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's extremely tiring and I stress myself out during it trying to get everything done.  At least I have the calm after the storm to look forward to, not to mention my holiday in July.  Once these two weeks are over, I'll start thinking about that.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment