Sunday, June 16, 2013

Jun 2 - Quiet Sunday

  My day started with a quick trip to the shops for the forgotten 400g tin of tomatoes.  I bought three so that I'd have some for next time!  When I got home I prepared the lamb casserole in the slow cooker and set it going then I went on with some more chores.  I loaded the dishwasher and set it going then went through to the office and blogged and blogged and blogged.
  At some point in the early afternoon, Mr Smart sent me a link to very interesting article on female sexual desire which led to quite an in depth discussion of it's content and strayed into 'why are we monogomous as a species'.  It's the sort of conversation that I find really very intellectually engaging.  At some point in the conversation we got on to talk of dinner and Mr Smart decided to take me up on my invitation to share casserole for dinner and he headed over.
  He studied while I blogged and we also chatted more about the article and then moved on to thrilling things like which books I could live without were I to move to a smaller dwelling.  I'm still debating what I'm going to do with all that.  Time marched on and after dinner we cuddled up on the couch and watched Crazy, Stupid, Love.
  The movie was interesting but it presents a very idealised vision of love and romance ie. the soul mate.  I don't believe in soul mates.  I worked out a long time ago that I was never going to find everything I wanted in one person, that's why we all have friends.  Your friends give you things your partner can't and vice versa.
  I think the measure of how close someone is to that idea of a soul mate is how many facets of yourself you share with that person, how close you are to being 'all of you'.  We all show different parts of ourselves to people.  All of them are us, just selective versions of us.  You don't show your coworkers that you can do a shot off your own boobs for example, or that you'll say things like that just to make your Granny laugh.  A fun enough movie, and it obviously gave me food for thought.

  Sunday's food was:

  • Breakfast was 300g of cubed pineapple.
  • Lunch was a 300g Asian style chicken and corn soup with two slices of toasted Bürgen wholemeal and seeds bread spread with one portion of The Laughing Cow cheese spread (17.5g, followed by a medium banana.
  • Afternoon snack was one dried peach half, one dried pear half, five Brazil nuts and five almonds.
  • Dinner was a slow-cooked lamb casserole, made from a Masterfoods Lamb Casserole Slow Cooker Recipe Base, accompanied by quinoa.
  • Dessert was a navel orange and a green nashi pear, shared with Mr Smart.
  • Additional snack was two Cooling Peppermint Vicks VapoDrops.

  Poor Mr Smart has a cold at the moment and a nasty dry cough to go with it, so I did plenty of making of hot green tea with lemon and grated ginger.  I tried to convince him to take honey in it too, but his no sugar rule got in the way of Nurse Jess.  I hope he gets better soon as he seems currently to be existing solely on tea and Vicks VapoDrops!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment