Sunday, June 16, 2013

Jun 4 - Grease Traps & Sewer Pits, Oh.. And Soccer!

  Grease Traps and Sewer Pits.  They are as charming as they sound and that's all I worked on today.  Fortunately, my side of this rather icky sounding process, is office based.  I don't actually have to go anywhere near them thank goodness!  I just have to arrange billings related to them.  The billings were a few months behind so it took me the whole day to get everything set up accurately and billed up to date.
  After work I headed straight to Tuahine's for dinner with her hubby, a mate of theirs, Mr Smart, and his nephew.  His nephew was being very sweet and cuddly tonight.  We were sitting on the bar stools around the kitchen bench as Tuahine's husband prepared delicious homemade pizzas for us all.  Mr Smart's nephew kept asking to come up, and get down, and asking why I wasn't in a picture on the wall (obviously because it was taken years before I came onto the scene).


  We had a lovely time chatting around the kitchen bench.  The boys talked soccer and various aspects of play, included how money has affected the game, and I listened and played with Mr Smart's nephew.  Soon our pizzas were ready and the four and a half of us sat around the table and enjoyed the meal together.  Good people, good wine, good food.  Almost enough to make me forget my troubles, and so I did temporarily.
  After dinner, Mr Smart's nephew was put into bed - a couple of times, and the boys took up poll positions on the couch and I settled myself at the table with my netbook to blog.  Although I enjoy watching the soccer, I continue to feel anxious about the blog, and with Tuahine out having dinner with friends, I didn't want to intrude any further on a boys night than I already had.
  The game was the Japan vs Australia world cup qualifier round.  We got a goal late in the game and the boys were overjoyed, then on the 90 minute mark, Japan got a penalty for a hand ball and evened the score.. dammit!  This means that Australia now has to win their last two qualifiers, or rely on results from other games, if they are the make the World Cup Finals in Brazil.

  Tuesday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 45g Carman's Classic fruit and nut muesli bar and a 35g Carman's yoghurt, apricot and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was a 160g Gippsland Dairy Twist blackberry and pomegranite flavoured yoghurt.
  • Lunch was a 300g tomato, lentil, and bacon skinny soup with two slices of toasted Bürgen wholemeal and seeds bread spread with one portion (17.5g) of The Laughing Cow cheese spread, followed by a banana.
  • Afternoon snack was a golden delicious apple, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was a delicious thin-base homemade pizza topped with capers, anchovies, hot salami, tomato paste, chilli oil, olives, roast chicken, and mushrooms.
  • Drinkies were, a 500mlpear cider on ice, a small glass of The Chocolate Shop chocolate shiraz and a small glass of Kellermeister 'Sable' chocolate port.
  • Dessert was assorted types of chocolate, thanks to Tuahine's evil husband who knows my desserty weaknesses.  There were three different types of Lindt, peppermint, orange, and coconut, and Toblerone.  I suspect I ate about ten pieces but I didn't count.
  Tuahine came home some time during the second half and joined the boys on the couch.  I finished the blog I was working on just minutes after the match concluded, and we all settled down together to watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones, Mr Smart and I taking up the front positions on the bean bag beds!  I had been avoiding spoilers on imgur and facebook for a week and I won't spoil it for anyone else but Oh.My.God!! I did not see that coming.  We all headed off to bed pretty swiftly after that.
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. Very useful information. Thanks for sharing this. Your post is really good to the point I have to agree to all of those.

    grease traps

    ReplyDelete