Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 21 - Expensive Luxuries

  Today work felt ok.  I was focused on invoices, what with the monthly deadline looming once more, but I also spent a large portion of the day dealing with utilities.  Some of the utilities I've been trying to deal with for a while, some since I started in fact, and I felt like I accomplished something.  My desk got cleaner today, which  always feels good.

  It was a really nice day in the city so I went for a lunch time walk.  I left QV via the Little Lonsdale Street side and walked down towards Swanston Street.  I had to pause before I got there to take a photo of the side of the State Library because it just looked too damn majestic to ignore.
  As I am want to do, I walked down to Haigh's.  It's very difficult for an Adelaide-born gal like myself to ignore their proximity to work.  I knew the rest of the week might be quite difficult, so based on the reasoning that it's better to pay a lot for quality as opposed to quantity, I procured an 80g block of 64% Cocoa, Peru single origin chocolate to save for the end of the week.  I worked out when telling Mr Smart later that it works out to about $130/kg!  And yet I'm still not likely to rethink my strategy.. I must be mad.

  Tuesday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 45g Carman's Original fruit-free muesli bar and a 35g Carman's dark choc, cranberry and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was a dried peach half, 5g of Lindt 85% cocoa dark chocolate, and a dried pear half.
  • Lunch was a 300g tomato, lentil, and bacon skinny soup with a toasted wholemeal English muffin spread with 17.5g of The Laughing Cow cheese spread.
  • Afternoon snack one was three chocolates from Haigh's.  From left to right: raspberry truffle, lemon myrtle cream and milk chocolate ginger.
  • Afternoon snack two was a green nashi pear, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was two toasted sandwiches, each comprised of two slices of Woolworths Select chia bread, two slices of Bega Strong & Bitey cheese, 50g of silverside, and half a tomato.

  I had a really long, really good chat online with Mr Smart tonight about our fears and hopes for the future.  Although we both know and acknowledge that all our talk needs to lead to actions, I feel that talking openly about such big things is some of the action, as it was something that had been missing.  By the end of the conversation I felt much more at ease with a few issues which is always comforting.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment