Sunday, June 2, 2013

May 23 - Tupperware Launch Party

  It was a wretched day at work.  I don't remember what happened as I'm writing this is a week and a half on from then, I only remember how I felt afterwards.  I left work already in a bother, drove to Captain Cupcake's house to pick her up for Bertie's Tupperware launch party only to arrive and find she'd been taken ill and I'd missed the text about it.  I continued on then, down to Bertie's, made myself a couple of sandwiches for dinner and bemoaned the day with Tricky.
  Tonight's Tupperware launch party was to launch Bertie, my dear sister, into the fabulous pink world of being a Tupperware demonstrator.  Bertie's area manager and recruiter were both present and delivered a rather good demonstration where they told us all kinds of interesting things about Tupperware which Bertie needed to remember and encouraged us all to have a Tupperware party of our own to support Bertie in her new career.
  I can't say I was really in the mood, but she is my sister and I felt I should support her.  I did however get out of booking a party.  Bertie needed six bookings in order to qualify for her starter kit, which she fortunately managed without me.  Once I manage to feel settled again I'll consider having one then which Bertie's recruiter said was actually a really good thing as it gave her 'one in reserve' for later on.
  I think honestly the main thing I object to is having to clean my house to avoid looking like a cave-troll, otherwise I do actually find them kind of fun.  Despite the expense of it, Tupperware actually does seem to do a better job than other brands.
  I did however, agree to go to her very first party as a demonstrator which is on Tuesday 28th.  Stay tuned until then to see the fabulous Bertie with her brand spanking new Tupperware kit!

  Thursday's food was:

  • Morning snack was three Arnott's Cheds cracker biscuits, one dried pear half and one dried peach half.
  • Lunch was a 300g red Thai chicken soup with a toasted Turkish roll spread with two 17.5g portions of The Laughing Cow cheese spread, followed by a just ripe banana.
  • Dinner was two sandwiches.  The first contained two slices of white bread spread with margarine, rosemary chicken breast, sliced turkey, tomato and dijonnaise, the second contained  two slices of white bread spread with margarine, olive dip, a slice of tasty cheese and honey roast leg ham.
  • Tupperware party snacks were (and yes, I did eat too many of them) brie and crackers, Haribo gummy bears, potato chips and an assortment of chocolates.
  • Tupperware party desserts were, watermelon, grapes and a mini sticky date pudding made in the microwave steamer which rocked.

  My nephew gave me a funny moment during the evening.  He was giving me a cuddle, sitting on my lap, while I was texting Mr Smart.  He asked who I was talking to and I told him, and he held out his brie and cracker and insisted that I send Mr Smart a picture of it, which I did, and which made Mr Smart laugh too.  You wonder where kids get these ideas but it's pretty cool that he's so savvy about it all.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment