Thursday, November 8, 2012

Nov 8 - Splurging With Mr Smart

  Work today was a little one-tracked.  One of my fellow Office Admins from another shopping centre came to visit me for a little training.  I like to train thoroughly so we went through the whole process from top to bottom.  Notes were taken, questions were asked and a full run through was acheived.  It took all day but I think we went through it pretty comprehensively.  I've set her homework of completing the process on her own now, three more times before the end of Monday.  I'm a hard task master but I know she can do it.
  I was certainly anxious to get out of there tonight.  Tomorrow is my day off and Mr Smart finished his exams yesterday so tonight it was time to kick up our heels and enjoy our mutual freedoms.  Mine of course lasts but three days.  His?  Three months!
  I headed straight to his place from work and was a little shocked to find a good many trees missing from the street.  Lovely prunus plums, all gone.  I remarked on it as I came in and Mr Smart Snr shouted that the "bloody vandals" had been at them.  I exclaimed "Vandals!?"  I was then informed that the vandals in question were in fact the Darebin City Council.  I can't imagine why they were removed though, they were lovely trees, healthy, and they weren't under any power lines.  I can only imagine that they intend to replace them with Australian natives.  Time will tell, but the street looks a little bare without them.
  Mr Smart and I headed off to our much favoured restaurant of choice, Cafe 58.  What a fantastic meal!  The curry puffs, as always, were exemplary.  Flaky crispy pastry filled with quality minced beef, spices and chunky fresh veggies.  The chilli kangaroo was tender and spicy, Mr Smart's favourite until tonight.  Tonight I think we may have found a new contender.  The hot and spicy basil chicken.  It was scrumptious.  A magical combination of Italian basil and spices.  It was not an overpowering basil flavour, it was more like the dish was imbued with a undertone of basil but it was so integral to the overal impact of the dish that you'd have missed it immediately were it gone.
  We were in high spirits and laughed hard and chatted long.  It was much busier than a normal Thursday, although that could have more to do with the fact that we're often in there so early.  It got quite hard to hear one another by the end.  We thought about nipping down the street for a small chocolate for dessert but we were both so stuffed and I'd already had chocolates earlier so instead we headed off to my place.
  We watched an episode of Spartacus and then commenced a marathon game of Scrabble.  We just finished, and I may well cry.  I was leading all game, I made some spectacular moves.. but Mr Smart levelled the scores to 348 all when he went out on a five-letter word, eniac, which I maintain should be a proper noun but it's in the damn OSW.  I had three letters left, C-I-N so minus five to me and plus five to him and, well shit... I lost again.  But only by ten points!  I'm getting closer every time.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a croissant with ham and cheese from Jamaica Blue.
  • Lunch was a six-inch Italian BMT Subway sandwich with Old English cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles and one stripe of Honey Mustard sauce.  Did I want a cookie with that?  Yes, apparently the Raspberry Cheesecake cookie looked too tempting to resist.
  • Afternoon snack was two Milk & White Lindt balls.
  • Exercise was back exercises.
  • Dinner was a glass of Peter Lehmann Moscato, two curry puffs and then coconut rice with basil chicken and chilli kangaroo at Cafe 58.
  • Supper was a cup of green tea with lemon juice.


  I nothing in particular on tomorrow, so for once I hope to enjoy a long and uninteruppted sleep in.  As predicted last night I was up until 1am finishing Preacher.  Killer ending (literally) but it has made me rather tired today.  Mr Smart has finished packing up the Scrabble now, so it's off to bed with us.  He did offer to burn it, but I'll need it for next time.  You know.. when I really do finally beat him!  Mwaaaahhahahaaaaaaaa.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment