Thursday, November 22, 2012

Nov 22 - Too Much To Finish

  Today's training session, I am sorry to say, felt like a bit of a waste of time.  There were one or two things that came up that seemed noteworthy and I scribbled them down, but really I could have learned just as much by watching a one hour video on the subject.  Last week's module was a lot more useful.  The waste really came down to interruptions to the facilitator's flow.  Sometimes that happens, but I felt it could have been dealt with a little bit better than it was today.
  The other reason it felt like time wasted bears no relation to the training itself at all.  The simple fact is that today was supposed to be my last day before holidays and I had a lot of things to get done in the few hours of the day remaining to me after half a day at head office, lunch and a team meeting.  Suffice it to say, I didn't get it all done so now I will spend two and a half hours in the office tomorrow morning finishing it all off before I can finally say "I'm ready to let go of work and enjoy myself".
  I got a real thrill when I got home from work though.  Mr Smart had been busy checking out attractions for the holiday and he updated our itinerary with a fair few suggestions.  One in particular I am giddy with excitement about!  I thought about sharing it here tonight but decided it would be more fun to just make you all wait until the blog for that day.  Keep your eyes peeled for the blog of Nov 25th for that one!
  I am starting to have a bit of a big list of things to complete before I can happily go off on my holiday.  I need to finish off my work obviously, then I am having lunch with the fabulous JoJo tomorrow, then home to do laundry and make breakfast muffins.  Then I really must get on and pack, charge my camera batteries and remember my chargers!  I need to go to the physio and get GoGo to her bunny sitter, more laundry and my final last minute packing!  Then and only then, will I be ready to go.  But by jove will I be ready!!

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was yoghurt, muesli, a sliced just ripe banana, sliced almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • Morning snack was a half a dried peach, two Brazil nuts, four almonds, two hazelnuts and two pecan nut halves.
  • Lunch was a Mission Wholegrain wrap spread with Masterfoods Corn Relish then topped with 130g Moira Mac's Roast Chicken breast with the skin taken off, baby spinach and cucumber.  This was followed by a 160g Gippsland Dairy Mango & Blood Orange Twist yoghurt which was delicious!
  • Afternoon snack was a yellow flesh nectarine.
  • Dinner was a bowl of veggie heavy chilli con carne.
  • Dessert was 20g of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.
 


  While writing the blog tonight I received a super-long-distance phone call from Gub.  She was on her way to somewhere boring (her words rather than mine) so we chatted away her journey, excitedly discussing her impending arrival and all the fun things we might like to do when she's here.  It was good to hear her sounding relaxed and happy.
  Well once more, it has come to bedtime (or should I say booktime!).  I am headed swiftly toward the end of my book.  It's the most fun I've had with a fiction title for a long time and I'm almost overjoyed that this is merely book one of a trilogy!  For those who've only just joined us (or have forgotten) I am currently reading The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie and it is book one of The First Law Trilogy.
    Before I sign off, a big Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends today!  I'm thankful that my holiday is finally here but also, more sincerely, for family, friends, my wonderful boyfriend and my ever increasing health.  May you all have a fantastic day with your families and eat far too much turkey and trimmings!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment