Friday, November 16, 2012

Nov 16 - A Day of Slips

  Well I spoke to my boss today about how I've been feeling at work lately.  She was very supportive and made a few suggestions as to how I can go about deciding what I'd like to do about those feelings.  We spoke about possible courses of action and that I'm not in a hurry to decide anything just yet.  All that made me feel a bit better.
  Last night I went to bed late, woke up late, forgot to eat breakfast, forgot to take my lunch things to work but still got to work on time.  As a result of that start though, I bought breakfast, and not the healthiest one I could.  I bought lunch and possibly ate too much as my tummy got that weird crampy horrible feeling again.  Then in the afternoon Freddo attacked me once more.  Mr Smart said I should destroy the evil Freddo.  My response was "I did! I did! I bit his head off!"
  I did a spot of shopping at lunchtime.  I went to Harris Scarfe and got a new bra and two pairs of nice knickers.  When I got to the checkout they gave me an extra 10% off for agreeing to get email notifications of sale days four times a year.  I can cope with that.
  After work I was going to go home before going out but it just didn't seem worth it in the end so instead I drove to Westfield Fountaingate and walked around a bit and had a spot of dinner before it was time to go to my friend's house for her Chef's Toolbox party.  I wish I hadn't had any dinner, though it wasn't much, but of course I had no idea how much I would be eating at my friend's place.
  I arrived on time for the Chef's Toolbox party and was poured a glass of Crittenden & Co Moscato which was nice.  Chef's Toolbox is one of those party plan arrangements, like Tupperware.  Women looking at kitchen stuff and spending ridiculous sums of money.  I spent $86.95 on two Macaron Kits.  Each includes the recipe, silicone bake sheets which hold the macaron mix in place, piping nozzles and piping bags and a bonus cookie tray.
  With these guys though, they let you use all the things to make food to share and see how it all works which I think is a novel approach.  We made pizza in the Saute Pan and sticky date puddings in the silicone muffin tray (Jealous Dad?  Don't be, my blood sugar two hours later was a whopping 9.9.  Damn that butterscotch sauce).
  For the first time ever I agreed to host one of these damned parties myself.  I figure Bertie and some of my other girlfriends will appreciate it and my friend throwing tonight's party agreed to help me clean my kitchen beforehand.  The poor fool.  Hehehe.  (Kidding, I promise to do lots before you get here!)  My one will not be until late in February though and I will probably choose to have other options cooked at mine.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a ham and cheese danish and a tomato savoury bite from Baker's Delight and a hot chocolate from In A Nutshell.
  • Lunch was a Nando's classic chicken wrap with a 390ml Coke Zero and a regular minted cous cous with peas.
  • Afternoon snack was a 35g hopping milk chocolate devil.
  • Dinner was a small Sumo Salad pumpkin and beetroot salad.  It also contained feta, leafy greens, chick peas and walnut pieces.  Was actually very tasty and made my tummy feel a lot better.  I wish there was a Sumo Salad at Forest Hill.
  • After dinner at the Chef's Toolbox party I had a glass of Moscato, probably a dozen crackers with cheese, three small pieces of our homemade Saute Pan pizza, and one sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce.

  Safe to say I didn't make great food choices today, though I would gladly have the salad again.  I am gradually getting messages about food through to my thick skull but every now and then there are some bad days.  I still need to remember there will always be other days to try things and that if I have a small serve and I'm still hungry I can always decide to have more then.  I'll learn eventually.
  Have a lovely weekend guys,
  Jess   

1 comment:

  1. V sensible approach honey- we all have bad days every now and then. Keep on keeping on xx

    ReplyDelete