Friday, November 23, 2012

Nov 24 (Part 1) - And We're Off!

  No surprise really that I didn't even need my alarm clock this morning.  I got out of bed, had a shower, got dressed in crappy clothes and had breakfast.  My savoury breakfast muffins are not an unmitigated disaster flavour-wise but note to self for next time, use Multix Bake paper and not muffin cases.  I lost a good deal of muffin trying to peel the damn paper case off.
  I headed off to the physio bright and early.  Rush said my back was in pretty good nick today, just some sensitivity on the lower right hand side (for a change), but nothing that is making me experience pain during my normal day to day any more.  It's just a case of continuing on with the back exercises, preferably more diligently than the last fortnight.
  I had cleaned out GoGo's cage before I left for the physio, in preparation for taking her to the bunny sitter.  GoGo stays with The Seamstress and family whenever I go away for more than a couple of days.  She seems to like it there and the children, Needle and Thread, are very fond of her.  I hefted everything into my tiny car with all seats down and delivered her to their place.  She doesn't much like the car ride.  I think it's just too much noise, sunlight and movement for a little bunny.  I stayed for a little while, and let the kids have a pat before we put her in for a rest.
  One I got home again I vacuumed the inside of the car and washed the windscreens and windows so that it did not appear to be a total pigsty for dead Miss Mischief.  She, in exchange for driving me to and form my journey's start and finish points, gets to have use of my car Hester while I'm away.  It's been a rather convenient arrangement to have in place these last couple of years.
  I was definitely hungry and sweaty after all of that preparation so I had another shower, got dressed in my travel clothes, had lunch, then finally, finished packing!

  Today's food so far has been:


  • Breakfast was a savoury breakfast muffin and six cherry tomatoes.
  • Morning snack was ten Vita-Weat Wholegrain Rice Crackers with 50g Yumi's Hummus.
  • Lunch was two slices of Bürgen Wholemeal & Seeds Bread topped with a sprinkle of Mainland Finely Shredded Light Tasty cheese then toasted in the toaster oven, topped with two rashers of short cut bacon, one fried egg and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.  I also enjoyed a 200ml Sanpellegrino Aranciata Rossa with my lunch.
  I have no idea what's for dinner yet as we'll be eating on the Spirit of Tasmania tonight.  We have a ten and a half hour overnight voyage from Melbourne to Devonport and to say I am excited is rather a massive understatement!  I must remember to take my Kwells at 5pm before boarding so that I don't get wretchedly sea sick on board like I did all those years ago in high school!
  I am not sure when I will post the remainder of today's blog as there is no internet on the boat.  In fact Mr Smart and I may have sporadic internet access throughout this trip so bear with me and enjoy them when they come!  We are certainly going to enjoy doing things worth writing about.
  Off to the pier!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment