Friday, November 2, 2012

Nov 2 - Rock Lobster and A Pub Meal

  A short one tonight as I need to be up relatively early to make cheese and sesame scones!  Everyone cross your fingers that they turn out as I'm only going to get one go at it before I need to leave for the bring a plate date at Fly Girl's place.
  Busy but fun at work today.  One of the girls from marketing brought in her iPod loaded with the Rolling Stones Magazine Top 500 songs.  Rock Lobster from the B52s had me happily bopping along.  Some of the staff got a little antsy after the first four or five Dylan songs so she obligingly skipped the remaining seven!  I don't think the list is designed to be played in artist order.  I certainly won't need any more Bob Marley for a while either!
  After work it was straight off to Mr Smart's house and from there to our dinner engagement for a young boy's birthday.  I got to Mr Smart's place maybe a minute after he'd already headed off.  He needed to go to the library on his way to pick up a book, so I raced in, said a quick "Hi" to Mr Smart Snr and Pizza Cat and then headed off on foot to catch him up.  I'm rather pleased to say that due to his errand, I actually beat him there.
  The mini Masterchef  seemed to like his new Spiderman toy well enough and I believe a good time was had by all three children.  There was free face painting tonight and the birthday boy was decked out with a fluorescent rainbow face.  It was so bright his face appeared to be in flux at times.  The littlest Masterchef got a puppy dog face and the eldest, a 'frozen Mario' which I kept wanted to call Jack Frost.
  After a happy evening spent with friends, Mr Smart and I walked back together.  Pizza Cat greeted us happily and curled up with us while we watched a movie (Pixar's Brave which I'd wanted to see for a while).  Alas our time was over too quickly and Mr Smart needed to study and I needed to come home and rest up for scone making and a big weekend ahead.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries, Fibre Toppers, slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds with a small cup of cranberry juice.
  • Morning snack was two white flesh peaches.  For once they were both juicy and flavourful instead of floury and/or crunchy.
  • Lunch was salmon sashimi with a little mayonnaise, a crispy chicken hand roll and a salt and pepper calamari hand roll.
  • Afternoon snack was a Golden Delicious apple, cored and sliced.  I tend to like any apple that is sweet and crisp but still a little bit acidic.
  • Exercise was I guess you would call them 'sitting squats' and back bends and a 900m walk to Cramer's Hotel and then the same back again.
  • Dinner was a chicken parmigiana with roast vegetables (I only ate one and a half of the potatoes) and I had a lemon lime and bitters to drink.  Oh, and I may have swapped the other half of my potato for one teensy crispy chippie from Mr Smart's plate.
 

  One tiny weird thing.  For the first time, I think ever, I got a cramp in my shin.  A very very weird and painful sensation.  It's exactly like those calf muscle cramps you get in the morning sometimes but on the front!  I could not imagine what it was that caused it until I came home and did my next set of exercises.  I'm pretty sure that it's the new exercise.  Lots of different muscles all clench up when I do it and I suspect my shins just aren't used to it!  Oh well, they'll get used to it.  Standing up for a few minutes seemed to calm it down so I'm not too worried.  I will just have to add in some walking this weekend to keep it under control.
  Have a lovely weekend everyone.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment