Sunday, November 18, 2012

Nov 18 - Plodding Along

  I had a relatively restless night's sleep.  Pizza Cat had been at the caffeine it seems and I'm not as accustomed to her dead of night explorations as Mr Smart is.  At one point I awoke and nearly giggled out loud.  There she sat, perched atop Mr Smart's arm.  He slumbered on undisturbed and she looked down at me, assessing the likelihood of pats were she to switch to me.  Presently she carefully stepped from one body to the next, settling herself somehow simultaneously on my bladder and diaphragm and purred loudly and the pats that followed.
  Despite this interruption to my sleep, and the unfamiliar noises, I did still wake feeling refreshed.  I also got handed a healthy tub of yoghurt for breakfast along with a lovely mild pod coffee.  Pizza Cat was keen to investigate the frothy milk top but was gently shooed away.  After breakfast we watched a few episodes of Community Season 1 and then I headed home to get on with my housekeeping and weekly planning.
  I took up where I left off with Wil Wheaton's audio book, Just A Geek and through the course of the afternoon I managed to finish listening to it at long last.  I started with the dishes that had to be done by hand, did a load of laundry and hung it out to dry, and set about making dinner.  It was only early afternoon at this point but I didn't want to leave dinner making until late as I have it in mind to finish the blog early and spend loads of time reading my book tonight.
  I took three small onions, chopped and fried in olive oil, 500g of extra lean beef mince browned with the onions, 400g button mushrooms, two shredded zucchini, two shredded carrots and two 500g jars of Raguletto Bolognese pasta sauce base.  Stirred it all up in a big pot and simmered it for a while.  It made up seven 300ml serves which refilled the diminished freezer stocks as well as provided dinner for tonight.
  After I cleaned up the bench and loaded the dishwasher, I made up some lemon ice cubes (40% lemon juice, 60% water) and put them in the freezer.  It's the easiest way to make a green tea with lemon when I fancy one.  Something Mr Smart taught me to do, as well as providing me with the special ice cube trays with lids.
  I had a little time to kill after that so I went through the last week's worth of junk mail and found some short casual pants at Target that I might like so I tore that page out to come to work with me tomorrow.  Everything else simply ended up in the recycling bin.  I started doing today's blog and set up some blog templates for the next couple of weeks.  By this time, the dishwasher was finished so I emptied it laid everything away.  It looks like one of my big dinner plates has developed a crack and may need to be tossed soon leaving me with only six of my original eight.
  I had a quick look on the internet for replacement plates (they are from the Thomson Pottery Quadro set).  I found two on eBay but obviously I'm not paying $53 postage from America for $11 worth of plates.  The Thomson Pottery website is unfortunately in Chinese and is resisting Google Translate's best efforts to translate it for me.  I did also find reference to them at Replacements, Ltd but they are out of stock (and I don't know how reliable they are either).

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 175g Yoplait Forme Strawberry Blueberry yoghurt and a Nespresso Dulsão do Brasil pod coffee.
  • Lunch was salad of lettuce mix, a 95g tin of Sole Mare Tune in Olive Oil (drained), and two hard-boiled eggs dressed with a tablespoon of Heinz Salad Cream diluted with milk.
  • Afternoon snack was a small cup of Rosie Cranberry Lite Drink with two dried peach halves, eight almonds and six Brazil nuts.
  • Dinner was 40g (dry weight) pasta spirals with fresh made Bolognese sauce and a sprinkle of Mainland Tasty Light Finely Shredded cheese.
  • Dessert was 20g Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.

  Now it just remains to plan out this week's meals and activities and head to bed relatively early to read a lovely big chunk of my book since I didn't get to it last night.
  Sleep well everyone,
  Jess
 
PS: For your amusement and 'awwwwww', live kittens courtesy of Mr Smart.  I'm not sure whose but they are very cute and you can rewind to the start to see them be weighed and fed at around 11 minutes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment