Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Nov 21 - Woohoo!

  I did really well on my admin audit today!  As Mr Smart put it, "All the worry for nothing!".  Except of course it wasn't completely for nothing.  It did motivate me to be as ready as possible for it.  Apparently with the new audit process they are using it is much harder to get top marks and my centre was the first.  I didn't see much of a difference in the process to be honest but I'm happy to take them at their word!
  This result isn't something I achieved by myself of course.  I have three wonderful team mates in admin, my offsider and the two receptionists, and between them they handle two entire modules within the audit and well as sundry other bits and pieces, so it's a result that they share in.  I'm very thankful to them for their parts in it.  I also have a very supportive boss who lets me organise things as I see fit, so thanks go to her as well.
  I felt a bit like celebrating tonight but I managed to stave off the desire to reward a good day at work with a tub of ice cream.  There will be plenty of time for ridiculous treats next week on my holiday!  With the audit out of the way and only one work day left, I finally feel like I'm ready to throw myself in to having a good time.  I intend to spend my whole week off decidedly not thinking about work.
  I went through the junk mail tonight and the Coles free Christmas Magazine.  Recipes of note this year include: Layered cherry pavlova, Turkey cherry and haloumi salad, Cheese and prosciutto puffs, Buttermilk tart with lemon and berries, and Creamy chickpea and cucumber salad.  I always like their magazine at Christmas, despite Curtis Stone's tosspottery.  I've kept the last few years ones as well and it may well be time to drag them out when I get back from holidays!
  Some of you may not know just how much I look forward to Christmas.  You will soon find yourselves reading a daily jessinachristmasbubble blog.  And with Gub home in just 28 sleeps, it's going to be a great one!  The sisters three reunited at last and we shall celebrate gloriously in tinsel-covered prawn-scoffing glee!  Plus Bertie and I will finally get to meet a real live Cambridge rower!

Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a slice of toasted banana bread (my last slice!) with yoghurt, honey, sliced almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • Morning snack was a 170g Dairy Farmers Thick & Creamy Raspberries & Cream yoghurt.
  • Lunch was a Mission Wholegrain wrap spread with 50g Yumi's Eggplant Dip then topped with baby spinach, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and 130g Moira Mac's Roast Chicken breast with the skin taken off then zapped in the microwave.  I don't know why, but I like chicken in wraps warm but the salad bits cold.  I also had a nectarine.
  • Afternoon snack was a half a dried peach, two Brazil nuts, four almonds, two hazelnuts and two pecan nut halves.
  • Dinner was some lean meat served with 110g sweet potato fries and a third of a Moroccan Salad kit from Coles.  Not sure if it was lamb or beef to be honest, mysterious unlabeled freezer meat.  I'm sure I could find out from previous blogs if I care to, but I don't.
  • Dessert was 20g Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.
  • Exercise was 42 minutes on the cross trainer and Buffy has a sister!?

  It was a pretty good day all up and really lovely weather today.  Sunny but with a nice breeze.  If only the whole of a Melbourne summer could be that way!  I have another training course at head office tomorrow morning so I need to make sure I'm up and ready in plenty of time.  Last week was 'Quality Conversations' and this one is 'Performance Cycle Conversations'.  Hopefully it will be worth the half a day's work I'm losing to do it!  For now though, it must surely be time to rest my weary head and disappear into the pages of my book!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment