Monday, November 12, 2012

Nov 12 - Getting Sh!t Done At Home

  My offsider apparently rang me at 6:30am this morning but I did not even stir.  The phone was in the next room in my handbag and I am a heavy sleeper too.  Poor thing was sick with a tummy bug and rang to say she wouldn't be in.  If she's not in, that means I have to start a bit early, which of course I missed realising.  By the time I looked at my phone and saw the message I was walking out the door anyway and in an instant I went from being 20 minutes early to being 10 minutes late.  Luckily our wonderful Marketing Manager opened the office and looked after things until I arrived which was very much appreciated.
  I got a fair bit done at work today but there is still too much to do.  I only managed to half complete today's deadline.  I've left my desk set up to continue working on it tomorrow.  The deadline has passed but I will just keep picking away at it until it is ready in time for the deadline next month.  Sometimes I like accounts work, in that the deadlines are the same every month, but sometimes I hate it for exactly the same reason.  Sometimes it just feels monotonous.  Today I was not in love with it.
  After work I headed straight for the physio.  I haven't been having any twinges or pain for the last four or so days, but I had a couple when Rush put me through the movement assessments.  He said the muscles feel like they are beginning to develop from the exercises and he massaged it and got it all loose again.  He was pleased that overall it seems to be looser to begin with.
  Of course, I have another exercise added today.  Now it will be back bends, ten twice a day, squats ten twice a day and the new one, lunges, five twice a day moving up to ten as I get the hang of it.  I am allowed to muck about with the frequency and repetitions if I feel up to doing more but I'm going to be careful not to overdo it too.  I may well still do a couple of smaller sets at work, particularly the back bends as they compensate for being seated for so much of the day.  Next appointment in two weeks time.  I'm looking forward to eventually being able to start the clinical pilates classes.
  I headed home and decided to be superwoman tonight.  I brought in the dry laundry and managed to fold my fitted sheet without having to refer to youtube this time.  New skill acquired.  Laundry level up!  I put on a new load of laundry then cooked and ate dinner.  There is nothing worth watching on television.  Then I hung out my new load of laundry, loaded the dishwasher, got on the cross trainer for a Buffysworth, emptied the dishwasher and took my blood sugar (5.9) and then settled down at long last (10pm) to write the blog.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries, Fibre Toppers, slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • Morning snack was 50g of tzatziki with a whole carrot cut into dipping sticks.
  • Lunch was a Mission Wholegrain Wrap with a quarter of an avocado, baby spinach, half a tomato and a 95g tin of Sole Mare Tuna in Olive Oil (drained).  After my wrap I had a lovely ripe white flesh peach.
  • Afternoon snack was a medium slightly ripe banana.
  • Dinner was 200g raw weight silverside eye round steak pan-fried with a tablespoon of Pursell's Provisions Tomato Chilli Jam.  This was a little too much of the jam as it turned out.  I ended up with a little lump of tomato chilli candy (which rocked by the way).  I served that with 110g of McCain Sweet Potato Superfries done in the AirFryer and 200g Birds Eye SteamFresh broccoli, cauliflower and carrot pouch.
  • Exercise was 42 minutes on the cross trainer.  Buffy saved the day again!  Poor Jonothan.. he just wants to be liked.  I also continued to do my back exercises.

  So there you have it.  Bit of a busy evening but relatively satisfying.  If I can't get all the crap done that I want to at work, at least I can focus a bit at home.  Not to mention that as an added bonus, I can slack off later in the week if all my chores are already done!  I'm going to work a bit more on my Weekly Planner and then I'm off to bed to curl up with my new book.  Last night I started 'The Blade Itself' by Joe Abercrombie which is the first book in a trilogy.  Enjoying it so far though there are lots of people to remember already!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment