Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nov 14 - The Freddo Menace

  The Freddo Menace marched on work today.
An army of chocolate invading our lives, torturing our will power.  An accompanying memo espoused the good works of this year's chosen charity.  Go on, after all, it's for a good cause.  Only one dollar each.
  I put up a fight, I swear it, but we are hopelessly outnumbered.  There are fifty of them and only twelve of us.  Resistance is futile.  Look at him.  Just look at him.  Hey guys! I'm a happy frog, lots of fun and so sweet and tasty.  Curse you and your ilk Freddo.
  So four dollars later I have a drawer full o' Freddos to ignore as best I can or give away.  To be fair there are only two Freddos left in the drawer.  I gave away one, and a caved and ate the other.
  White chocolate as it turns out, is now far too sweet for me and I didn't really enjoy it as a result.  In fact I pretty much instantly felt blah and developed a headache on my right hand temple which needed medicating.  So curse Freddo and his ilk as I said.  Thank heavens I didn't have a Caramello Koala!
  In other news at work today, we had a visit from my right-hand gal and her new bubby.  He is so little!  Just four weeks old but starting to visually investigate his world.  I got to have a little cuddle but then he started screaming so I gratefully passed him back.  It was determined that he needed a nappy change so off she went to do that.  Ahh the pleasures of not being a parent.
  It was a bit of a baby full lunch time all up really.  At the same time we had my boss' daughter and little grandaughter in visiting.  I discovered last time they were in that the little grandaughter is partial to Giddy-up Horsey.  Sure enough once I was seated, my right leg crossed over my left, she seated on my right foot holding my hands, I started to bounce her and sing.  She was giggling and gurgling like nobody's business and kicking her little legs with furious glee.
  It was a welcome diversion from work, though it all took place on my lunch break so I'd not have been working anyway.  The work itself today was ok.  A little productive, things are getting neater and easier to find and therefore easier to progress with.  I was still happy to go home though.
  And what awaited me at home?  There on the door stop, engrossed in his Kindle was my dear Mr Smart.  We went in, chatted about our days, then I made us some dinner.  About 9pm it was the kick off of the Australia vs. South Korea soccer match but unfortunately, owing to technical difficulties, Mr Smart didn't manage to get the game on screen until about 10pm.  At half time the score was one all.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a slice of toasted banana bread with a quinelle of yoghurt (because I was feeling fancy, that's why), a small drizzle of honey and some slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • Morning snack was 50g tzatziki with one carrot's worth of sticks.
  • Lunch was a Mission Wholegrain wrap spread with a quarter of an avocado then topped with one slice of Bega So Light Tasty Cheese, Lebanese cucumber slices, half a tomato and two sliced hard-boiled eggs.  I followed that with a kiwi fruit with skin on.
  • My unscheduled early afternoon snack was a 35g Cadbury Dream White Chocolate Freddo.
  • Afternoon snack was a Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was Moroccan salad with two marinated chicken drumsticks done in the AirFryer.  So delicious, the AirFryer keeps all the juice in!
  • Blood sugar two hours after dinner was 5.4

  It's been nice tonight, just having a quiet evening in with Mr Smart, neither of us with anything much to do.  It's nice just enjoying the comforts of sharing a meal, some music, some TV and the quiet noises of another person in the house.  Mr Smart finished his book tonight, 'The Foul Mouth and the Fanged Lady' by Richard Raley, which is currently free on Amazon.  He very much enjoyed it and is now umming and erring about buying the sequel.  At only $3.99 for the sequel, I say why the hell not and remind me why I haven't bought a Kindle yet? 
  Last night, as suspected, I met the Magus in my book, though it took a few more chapters than I thought it would.  I have to say he is one of my favourite characters so far, not at all what one might expect.  I don't have a favourite character so far, but there are definitely frontrunners.  Probably those intended by the author.
  Tomorrow I have a training session at Chadstone for the morning, followed by lunch with my friends from Head Office.  Should make for an interesting day.  Change is as good as a holiday sometimes.  But luckily I have my holiday coming up too!  Tomorrow's session is another of the 'People Management Fundamentals', one of which I attended earlier in the year.  Hopefully the session will prove as useful as the last.
  Goodnight everyone,
  Jess
  
PS. Australia won, 2 - 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment