Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9 - Recipes Galore

  Had a bit of a hectic work day today.  The first half at Chadstone and then dashing back to Forest Hill to cover the later part of reception as well as my normal tasks and a bonus one thrown in.  Despite that I managed to still eat relatively well.
  Breakfast: 2 big spoonfuls of Jalna a2 Low-Fat Yoghurt with a 75g Sachet of McCain Three Berry Mix and A quarter cup of All-Bran Fibre Toppers.  Finally remembered to take the berries out of the freezer the night before!  And of course this has reminded me to go do it again right now!
  Lunch: A microwaved chicken wellington from the batch I made on Saturday.  Definitely not as nice microwaved so I might leave the other two for dinners only.  And a Kiwi fruit with skin on.
  Dinner: Two slices of spelt bread, toasted, turned into a sandwich with one slice of Bega tasty cheese, half a tomato, a big handful of baby spinach leaves and some shaved roasted turkey from the deli.
  The only other things I 'ate' today were all my pills.  Two every morning and four in the evening seems a tad too many!  The clear capsule marked Ostelin is the Vitamin D supplement, twice a day until I my levels improve, the biggest one is a Centrum Advance multi-vitamin once a day, the round yellow one is Ranitidine the stomach acid inhibitor, twice a day and the tiny ochre one is Logynon ED which is once a day for as long as I wish to be child-free!

  So obviously, not enjoying taking so many pills is yet another good reason to continue down my new path.  And in that vein, here are some recipes I will not be cooking anytime soon... despite reeeeeeeeeally wanting to:
I'm sure there are more, but those have been rolling around my desk for a while now.
  Now, it wouldn't be fair to torture myself with all those wonderful recipes without reminding myself that there are also plenty of fantastic healthy recipes out there!  So here are a few healthier options that I've also been looking forward to making, and likely will:
So now I'd better do something to take my mind off food before bed!
  Hope you guys enjoy the recipes too :)
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. Here are a couple of sites I use if I'm looking for something healthy to cook....one of them even has the facility to tell you how many calories are in specific foods!!!!

    http://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/

    http://www.calorieking.com.au/

    ReplyDelete