Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11 - A Woozy Start

  Very weird night last night.  I was fine until about 11:00pm and then started to get kind of woozy.  Thinking back on it now, I think I spent too long with my eyes glued to the computer screen and probably dehydrated myself a bit with the heater (it's soooo cold here at the moment).  The weirdest bit was that I got more dizzy when I lay down.  I've had dizzy spells because of blood pressure loads of times, but that always gets better when I lie down.  I woke up at 4:45am too and was still woozy.  I was relatively better by sun up though.  I will mention it to my doctor next visit.
  Apart from the odd night before, the day was relatively normal.  Breakfast was yoghurt/berries/fibre toppers.  It seems to work as a standard and doesn't take me too long to make and eat, so I can convince myself to do it even if I'm running a little late (like I was today).  Luckily with the lack of normal traffic due to it being school holidays here in Victoria, I was still on time for work (just).
  For lunch I decided to try something new but a bit the same:
  Brown rice sushi hand rolls!
   From left to right we have salmon, prawn, teriyaki chicken and cooked tuna with cucumber, and yes, a little mayonnaise to go with the salmon one.  Chewing it is an interesting textural experience.  It has that kind of shiny squeaky texture that brown rice always has.  Also, it seems to mesh into the filling rather than just hold it, though that is potentially the quality of the build rather than the effect of it being brown rice.  The range of flavours available is not as good as the white rice ones so I think I might just have to stick to sashimi heavy boxes rather than sushi.  The trouble with sashimi though is it's not terribly filling.
  Dinner was the last of the chicken wellingtons, consumed to the tune of Futurama after doing my exercise.  Again, I am totally tempted to eat chocolate.  I'm trying not to think about it but the stress of the 'pointy end' of my divorce, as Gub puts it, is really stressing me out.  I just want it over.  Also, I found that I still have Magnums in the freezer when I opened a new box of berries last night.  Sooooooo tempting.. especially the ones with almonds on them.
  Jess

PS:  I remembered to go to JB HiFi and get the new Newton Faulkner album!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Newton - let him eat away the anxiety! love you to bits xx

    ReplyDelete