Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 28 - Dinner at Squire's Loft

  Last night was a birthday dinner for one of Mr Smart's close friends at Squire's Loft in Albert Park.  It was a fun and rambunctious evening, much wine was drunk (though not by me), and much food consumed (I'll admit I helped there).
  I found the place ok having checked it out earlier on google maps.  I can't be the only one who "drives there" first on google maps to get the landmarks memorised.  I managed a quite brilliant parallel park and teetered over to the restaurant on my tiny kitten heels.  Yes, even kitten heels make me teeter.  That's what happens when you put 121.7kg on to heels when it is used to the comfort and solidity of Blundstones.
  Mr Smart and some other friends were already seated so I joined them.  We were on a long thin table and all seated on the same side which made conversation a little tricky at first, but it wasn't long until others arrived and sat opposite me.  They were a very friendly bunch of people so even being the newbie of the group I didn't feel left out for a moment as one might fear.
  On to dinner!  It was delicious!
  From the left we have a serve of chargrilled vegetables (pumpkin, mushrooms, zucchini and capsicum), a side salad with a light dressing, 250g of pork ribs, creamy garlic sauce and about 400g of beef ribs.  Mr Smart ordered the beef ribs with black pepper sauce (not pictured) and chargrilled veg and I ordered the pork ribs and the salad and we agreed to split the lot so we got a bigger variety.  I ate all of the meat pictured (though bear in mind what you can see of the pork ribs is literally half bone) and half of all the veggies.
  And dessert, for it wouldn't be a birthday without one:
  That is gluten and dairy free orange cake and a cup of black tea.  Mrs Birthday Boy is going to send me the recipe but from memory it is 3 oranges, 350g sugar, 3 eggs and I can't remember how much almond meal.  The recipe makes 24 pieces that size.
  A big thank you to Mr and Mrs Birthday Boy for inviting me and including me in the celebration.  I had a wonderful night and I hope you did too.  Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment