Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 26 - Call Me Irresponsible

  It's 11:00pm as I begin my blog for today.  Normally it's done by now and I'm heading for bed.  Normally I've done my exercise.  Normally I'm avoiding delicious fatty chicken skin.  But today was a little different.  Not too different, just a little.
  Breakfast was the normal yoghurt, berries and fibre toppers and I've remembered to get tomorrow's berries out of the freezer and into the fridge.  I was pleasantly surprised to find myself running a little ahead of time this morning so I emptied the rubbish and recycling and pulled the bins to the curb knowing I'd be home late tonight.  This is a bonus as I often forget bin night.
  I went to the Priceline Pharmacy today and got my paperwork sorted out and got a new batch of test strips for my blood glucose meter.  I interviewed one applicant for my right-hand gal's maternity leave and then had lunch.
  Lunch was a toasted sandwich of two slices of Bürgen Soy-Lin bread, a little smear of Masterfoods Corn Relish, about 85g of shaved silverside and one slice of Bega Extra Light Tasty cheese.  My lunch time fruit was a golden delicious apple, cored and cut into eight pieces.  I don't know why but I don't like whole apples nearly so much.
  Because I'd got a new set of test strips I decided to check my blood glucose levels after lunch too for the rest of the week.  It was fine today.  I'm not going to put the figures in every day but I'll publish a little table of results at the end of the week for my diabetic educator at any rate.  After I had that check out of the way I had an Afourer Mandarin for my afternoon snack.
  I did a second interview late in the afternoon then headed to the shops to get wraps, a barbecue chook and salady things for dinner for Mr Smart and me.  Yes folks, I forsook exercise and put off blog writing just so I could spend time with Mr Smart.  So you can call me irresponsible if you like, but you won't catch me regretting it for an instant.
  I used the Wattle Valley Wholegrain Soft Wraps which were tasty but a little on the small side.  It was quite difficult to encapsulate the filling wholly at times, though one could say that had more to do with the quantity of filling!  My first one had cos lettuce, coleslaw, half a chicken breast with skin on and cucumber slices.  I also won't deny, I did munch on a little extra skin as I made the wraps.
  My second wrap was going to be about the same but with the other half of the chicken breast however... I made the mistake of asking Mr Smart if he'd like a little stuffing with his next one and was informed that no, he wasn't very fond of stuffing.  My brain had a little fritz moment at the realisation that Oh. My. God. All that stuffing and no one else wants any!?!  Apparently my brain could not comprehend such luck, so my second wrap was essentially the same... honestly....
  Fortunately I was restrained when it came to dessert.  I only had six longan.  I know there are eight in the picture but I only ate most of them.
  After dinner we watched a great movie,
Pete Smalls Is Dead.  Brilliant, and I'd recommend it to anyone even vaguely interested in quality films.  It also had a really cool soundtrack.

  Mr Smart evilly tried to tempt me to stay on for a second film, The Prestige, and if tomorrow was my day off I do believe he'd have succeeded.
  So as I sign off today it is 11:40pm and I think this is the fastest I've written my blog yet!
 (So a certain Granny may have to forgive any errant errors she spots.)

  Farewell for now,
  Jess

PS: Started my new book last night, Religion for Atheists by Alain de Botton.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chickadoodle - sounds like the midweek work pressure took it's toll a little, but it wasn't a total loss and you know where the gaps were so don't sweat it. P.S. You have to let me know what your new book is like - I have been meaning to read that one xx

    ReplyDelete