Friday, July 13, 2012

July 13 - Followed by Frustration

  Well folks, yesterday was blessed relief, today was less relief, more frustration.  The email from my lawyer yesterday read: "I have just received an email from xxx sending the signed Acknowledgement of Service.  Can you telephone me to make an appointment to come in sometime tomorrow to swear an Affidavit of Proof of Signature."
  O Frabjous Day! Callooh! Callay! I chortled in my joy.  (Apologies to the Rev Charles Dodgson).  So dutifully I waited until their office opened at 9am and rang.  Could I be there by 11am?  Sure!  I called in to the office and advised I would need to take a day of annual leave and off I set, city bound.
  I arrived in the city at about 10am so due to it's proximity and my high spirits, indulgence was in order.  See I eat when I'm sad, this goes doubly so for when I'm happy!  It was off to the croissant shop on the corner of Elizabeth Street and Therry Street for breakfast.  Now Gub will attest, I usually have two croissants so I was at least a little restrained.  I substituted one croissant for fruit salad instead.  The delicious creamy croissant was filled with cheese and asparagus.

   It was then on to the lawyer's office to deal with the matter at hand.  To say I was disappointed as I looked down on the paperwork only to see something that no person should've mistaken for a signature is a gross understatement.  It was typed ffs.. in what was recognisably a printed font, not to mention that they have a copy of my marriage certificate with his signature on it.
  Anyway long story shortened, after way too long a time, the lawyer dismissed me and said he thought that if he did blah blah blah because he had blah blah blah he thought the divorce would probably go ahead on Tuesday anyway.  Which left me a mixture of relieved and incredibly pissed off that I had to take a day off work for no good reason!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....  But I will just include here a big huge thank you to Mr Smart.  Without your support today I may well have gone pottier than usual!
   Eventually home, I got on the cross trainer and took in 40 minutes of vampire slaying kick-assery from Buffy and felt a lot better for it.  Then did a spot of laundry and awaited the arrival of this evening's dinner companion, Captain Cupcake.

  Captain Cupcake arrived in the early evening and we made pizza!  I know! Pizza two nights in a row!  Tonight I had, beef salami (was meant to be kangaroo but the guy at the market gave me the wrong one!), baby spinach, mushrooms, olives, bocconcini and broccolini and a sprinkling of Mainland light tasty cheese.  Washed down with the refreshing but very low-calorie Lipton Light Lemon Ice Green Tea.
  We managed two movies tonight, first Little Miss Sunshine which neither myself or the good Captain Cupcake had seen.   It was a well told story; touching, moving, insightful, warm and funny.  I really enjoyed it.  The second was UHF which is a cult classic that we enjoyed in our high school days.  It was fun to relive all the old jokes that made us laugh so hard in our teens.  Was it dated?  Hell yes, it was dated when it was released!
  Tomorrow I am attempting to hunt down the ingredients for Crumbed Duck Sausages to make for dinner!  Wish me luck in my culinary escapades!
  Jess

PS: I forgot 20g of Lindt 85% Dark Chocolate after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment