Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16 - Bertie Comes To Dinner

  Back to the grind of the weekday and a big ole case of Mondayitis.  I had a fair bit of catching up to do with my unexpected Friday off last week so the work day passed quickly at least.  I did my exercise pretty much as soon as I got home because tonight my dear sister Bertie and my adorable little nephew were coming for dinner.
  My nephew was already zonked on arrival from a big day at day care so we set him up on the couch with his most favourite TV program in the whole wide world, Futurama.  Which left us free to chat and enjoy dinner.  I'm just quickly writing up today's blog as now that my nephew has fallen into a sound sleep, Bertie and I can watch a movie uninterrupted!

  Breakfast: Yoghurt/berries/fibre toppers.  And I remembered to buy a new pot of yoghurt today so I can have the same again tomorrow!  Today was the last of that first pot, turn outs 1kg of yoghurt goes a long way.  It's definitely working as a stable breakfast so I'm hoping to high heavens that the diabetic educator gives it a hard tick on the 23rd.
  Lunch: I'm trying out a new lot of wraps due to the tendency of the Khobz to go stale pretty quick.  Today I bought Mission Corn Wraps.  Bertie swears by the Mission Sundried Tomato Basil Wraps and I may well go with those next time as they seem to fold better without breaking.  The corn one survived today, but it did tear a bit on folding.
  Lovingly enveloped in my wrap today was one slice of Bega Tasty cheese, half a 95g tin of Sole Mare Tuna in Olive Oil (drained), some baby cos lettuce, a third of a Lebanese cucumber and two slices of tomato.  And I followed that up with a small almost ripe banana.  I know bananas are pretty high GI but I don't know any other foods with potassium in them!
  Afternoon snack: One Panama passionfruit.


   Dinner:  A chicken and avocado filo parcel from Hill's Poultry at Forest Hill Chase.  The steamed veggies accompanying were Heinz Steamfresh with broccoli, carrots and sugarsnap peas.  I find steamed veggies on their own a little bland so there is also a tiny sprinkling of Masterfoods Celery Salt over them.



 
  Dessert: Fruit!  I decided to show you the aftermath of sharing my fruit with Bertie.  We each had, half a passionfruit, half a tamarillo (which Bertie did not like at all, visually, texturally or flavour-wise) and a whole Kiwi fruit.  Bertie doesn't eat the skin on her Kiwi fruit, but then she's odd like that.



  Last but not least, my oft looked forward to 20g of dark, seductive Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.  Nom Nom Nom.  That's it from me for today!  Talk to you all again tomorrow.
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. Ahh ... good to be back reading the blog after a fabu weekend away - glad to hear you're still on track my darling and thinking of you for tomorrow - will call you in the am xxx

    ReplyDelete