Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 29 - Meet The Parents

  This morning Mr Smart and I went out for breakfast with my parents.  We went to The Arena at The Glen.  I pored over the menu remembering the night before.  I declined juice or a milkshake, I declined 'The Big Breakfast', I even passed on the delicious Eggs Benedict with its creamy hollondaise sauce.  I settled on two scrambled eggs, wilted spinach, bacon and dark rye toast, lightly buttered.  I only ate half of the toast.
  After breakfast Dad left us to return to work and Mum, Mr Smart and I went on to do a spot more furniture perusing at Super AMart.  After much testing and retesting and dithering and endless patience on the part of Mr Smart, I ended up making a purchase.  I bought a 3-seater couch with chaise lounge, a tub chair, two small ottoman cubes and a new mattress for my bed all to be delivered on my next scheduled day off.
  As a result of that purchase the remainder of my week will largely be trying to clean out the rooms affected to leave enough space for the incoming goods.  Maybe I will do some before and after photos!
  One home Mum and Mr Smart had a tea and coffee respectively and we all had a bit of a sit.  Mr Smart suggested watching The Prestige but regrettably that didn't work out again due to timing.  It will have to be the very first movie I watch on my new couch!
  Mr Smart and I left to return him home and decided on the way that lunch was in order.  We decided Salsa's would be nice which led to a mix up due to the very nature of geographical familiarity.  I turned into The Glen as we passed as that is the closest Salsa's to me, whereas Mr Smart had been thinking of Northland as that is the closest Salsa's to him.  We continued on to the Northland Salsa's as then we could take our purchases to eat at Mr Smart's.
  Northland parking was bedlam!  We ended up being near the food court but on the third level of the car park, and I was cajoled into agreeing to take the stairs.  Two flights down, two burritos purchased and two flights up, we continued on to Mr Smart's.
  Salsa's describes my burrito as "Texan beef, coriander & lime rice, salsa fresca, cheese, ranch sauce and lettuce"  This Salsa's franchise gave you a choice of a plain or wholemeal wrap too so we both opted for wholemeal.
  A Salsa's burrito is a damned heavy object and is probably the worst choice I've made all weekend.  I still enjoyed it, but I recognise that another Baja Steak Bowl would probably have been the better choice nutritionally.
  Things were back to normal for dinner though
A portion of chicken breast with no skin on and a healthy portion of green salad, a smaller of potato salad and pesto chicken pasta salad.

  Bertie and my nephew joined me, Mum and Dad for dinner too and afterwards, Toy Story 3 and loads of Lego play were had.  I had a hankering for something sweet so I've just destroyed that desire with 10g of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.
  It's been a big weekend and I have certainly faced some food challenges but I still feel I actively made choices that were, if not good for me, at least better for me than I would've made in the past. 
I'm still learning and assessing my choices and I'm lucky to have a fantastic support crew with me for this journey.  I'm glad I went out and enjoyed myself this weekend, but I'm equally glad that I feel I won't have trouble getting back on track!
  Jess

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work hon - I think that's the right spirit - some weekends will be worse than others just because society revolved around food, but you keep going and making those positive choices for yourself! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I helped remove the temptation of chicken skin!!!!!
    By eating it.........
    I had khobz pizza base pizzas tonight.
    They're quite good.
    We could have a fancy pizza night!!!

    ReplyDelete