Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 6 - Too Much Food!


  It's a nice change, heading in to work from Mr Smart's place, and it was a beautiful morning.  I went down St George's Road to Alexandra Parade, then down Lygon Street which takes me all the way to the car park entrance on Russell Street.  It's a very easy, quite scenic drive (though it does expose me to far too much extra knowledge of restaurants in the area).  Just at the very bottom of St Georges Road, where it veers to the left and turns into Brunswick Street, there is a beautiful mural on the frontage of number 639.  I have always liked it and today the traffic was stopped enough for me to grab a quick photo as I crawled past it.


  Work passed quickly today.  The reconciliation that was brought to me on late Friday did take me the better part of today.  It was all relatively easy problems to solve, so several journals and emails later it's now under control and should remain so going forwards.  It did result in 'finding' a bit more money at the centre too, so I'm rather popular at the moment.
  My roomie wasn't in the office today so I had my music on and was chugging along through things and by the afternoon I had a little time leftover so I started the mind-numbing task of watching the boring but necessary online training modules.  They are mandatory and I had to have them finished by Friday.  I got through four today and had three more to go tomorrow.
  I finished up around 6pm and headed to the steps of the State Library to meet my predecessor for dinner.  We walked down Swanston and about three blocks up Little Bourke Street to Mrs Parma's.  There will be no prizes for guessing what I had for dinner!  It was a nice enough place, the parma I had was nice, certainly very big, but at the upper limit of it's value for money.  I think I still prefer The Earl of Aberdeen for schnitzels but admittedly that's a bit more of a drive.  It was nice to have a catch up though and a nice quiet venue for the task (well it was a Monday night and it is tucked away in the dark on the upper end of Little Bourke Street).
  I contemplated dessert, but I just feel like I've eaten too damn much lately, especially hot potato chips!  I seem to be eating them an awful lot lately and only one lot has been notably good (the ones from Miss M's moving day).  I think I may need to start saying no to chips in the way of Mr Smart, even with burgers!  I can always enjoy salad or veggies instead, most places seem to offer at least one of those as alternatives.

  Monday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a Nespresso Dulsão do Brasil pod coffee and Uncle Tobys creamy honey flavoured Oats.
  • Morning snack was a 14.5g Milky Bar and two dried peach halves.
  • Lunch was a 300g creamy pumpkin soup with a toasted wholemeal English muffin spread with one portion of The Laughing Cow cheese spread (17.5g).
  • Dinner was a Mexican parma, which was a weiner schnitzel topped with napoli sauce and cheese, tomato salsa, guacamole, sour cream and jalapenos, served with chips and salad.  I also tried my predecessor's schnitzel which was chicken with pumpkin and feta.

  That's it for Monday.  On with the rest of my blog catching up!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment