Monday, May 13, 2013

May 9 - Menstrual As Anything

  I hate having my period.  I really hate it.  Hate it, hate it, hate it.  It's the one part of being a woman that I could really live without.  I feel bloated, headachey, fart-ridden, extra-stressed, paranoid about everything, and just want to curl up in a ball and suck on chocolate biscuits and hot tea.  I did manage to at least skip the chocolate biscuits.  I didn't sleep well last night either, too much lying awake thinking, not enough movement, though at least Pizza Cat didn't jump all over me.  I had Feel The Pain by Dinosaur Jr on a loop on the drive to work, it seemed to fit my mood.
  The highlight of my work day was a special lunch at work as we had a bigwig visiting.  He was quite a nice chap, down to earth and open about himself, and very involved in the company's charitable works too.  It was nice just to be able to feel a part of something bigger in the office.  I can get to feeling a little bit isolated when I'm glued to the screen all day and having lunch in the office up the back without leaving to stretch my legs in the square.  I don't remember much else from work that day, just another blur of activity.
  I went home and started half-heartedly blogging, but everything just felt crap so I mostly wasted time on the internet.  Mr Smart and HotCakes both posted links to a particular blog today, entitled A Daddy’s Letter to His Little Girl (About Her Future Husband) which was posted on a site called The Good Men Project which seems a really interesting site.  I'm very curious to know what people think about it.  To me it seems most definitely, from father to daughter, but it does encourage the idea that people shouldn't change themselves to 'keep someone interested', which I think is mostly healthy as ideas go.  Not sure how applicable it is to a long-term relationship though, it seems to glaze over some of the realities of that.

  Thursday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 35g Carman's dark choc blueberry and almond muesli bar followed by a 45g Carman's apricot and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was a green nashi pear, cored and sliced.
  • Lunch was pork belly, rice, chicken in betal leaf, prawn noodle salad, a small pie with sauce, salmon salad, chicken cucumber and nigella seed salad, another piece of pork belly and a small sausage roll.  It was all really yummy.
  • Afternoon snack was an Imperial mandarin and a green tea custard bun from Breadtop.
  • Dinner was two chicken in betal leaves, leftover prawn noodle salad, two small sausage rolls and five fruit mentos lollies.
  • Comforting hot drinks were a strong cup of lapsang souchong tea (rather like drinking a sweet campfire) and a cup of green tea with lemon.

  I struggled through the evening in the iron-sucking grip of Aunt Flo, comforted only by online chatter and cups of hot liquid.  Suffice it to say, I was pleased to see the back of Thursday, though looking back on it now (Monday 13th), I'm impressed at how little I went overboard with the eating.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment