Monday, May 13, 2013

May 10 - Life & Love

  I got the end of financial year deadlines at work today, and promptly panicked.  My financial year ends four weeks from tomorrow.  I have four weeks to fix everything I can find and enter everything currently on or that crosses my desk.  I put all the deadlines in my Outlook calendar with appropriate reminder times and on my wall calendar highlighted in pink.  Normally the pink highlights are spread out across the A2 sheet.. in this case, the 7th and 11th of June are just huge scary pink blobs!
  In the afternoon, the horn sounded for drinkies, and I wandered down to join in the quizzes.  I was surprised to find people amazed that I knew what hydroponics was, I thought everyone knew that.  What surprised me was that most people seemed to know from sci-fi!  I did years of Agriculture/Horticulture in high school, it was my 'relax' class and I loved it.  We used to grow veggies hydroponically (and I'm pretty sure some of my class mates grew things at home hydroponically too).  I also surprised myself by knowing that François Mitterrand was the French Prime Minister succeeded by Jacques Chirac.  I was glad when work finished.  I had other things on my mind.  Something came up in the morning that begged immediate discussion with Mr Smart so without thinking about the practicalities of it I arranged to go to his place after work.  I didn't really stop thinking about it all day.  Anyway, I hadn't brought my car, or any sleepover things, but over I went all the same and we had a good long discussion and sorted out a few more things.  When we both felt talked out and comfortable with everything, we acknowledged hunger and headed out in search of food.
  We went to Noodle Kingdom and had a pleasant enough meal.  We even had a little entertainment in the form of two funny ladies about our age that sat at the table next to us.  You'd think they'd never eaten Chinese food before!  There was pointing and exclamations of "Oo, what's that?" and then they fussed with their order and got the wrong thing.  Their whole performance was pure comedy.  When the one seated next to me caught sight of our preserved egg I felt sure that another excited 'What's that!?' was heading my way, but she managed to contain herself.
  After an enjoyable dinner, we walked further on down High Street, and around the corner to the home of the Masterchefs.  Mr Masterchef was home alone with the kids so we joined him there to watch Game of Thrones, as I'd missed out on it on Wednesday!  After that we watched A Place Among The Pines which was without a doubt the crappiest slowest piece of shit film it's ever been my displeasure to watch.  I thought Drive was bad enough, but apparently Ryan Gosling is now type-cast as the quiet-moody-badass, kind of makes me want to vomit just a little.
  The Masterchef herself came home at the end and was showing me some cool Star Wars themed party items she was planning on making for the littlest Minichefs birthday party.  I like the Storm Trooper cupcakes particularly, and the Death Star piñata.  Not long after that though, it was time for Mr Smart and I to walk home, curl up and go to sleep.

  Friday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 45g Carman's Classic fruit and nut muesli bar and a 35g Carman's dark choc cranberry and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was an Imperial mandarin.
  • Lunch was a 300g homestyle lamb and barley soup with a toasted wholemeal English muffin spread with 17.5g of The Laughing Cow cheese spread.
  • Afternoon snack was a green nashi pear, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was at Noodle Kingdom in Preston and comprised of an entree of six chicken and prawn pan-fried dumplings and half a preserved egg and a main course of spicy salt and pepper squid and sizzling seafood.
  • Dessert was a splash of McWilliam's Hanwood Estate Amontillado.

  It was a long and draining day, but it ended up ok so it was worth the extra efforts needed.  The important things in life are always worth putting a bit more hard work into.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment