Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 7 - Trekkie Time

  As I write this blog of Tuesday on Sunday 12th, I am left wondering.. just what the fuck did I do today?  I have only vague memories of work, I know I did stuff and I know it was relatively productive, but beyond that I cannot recall.  I do remember what I did in the evening.  Star Trek.
  TwoWrongs had a need for company, so I finished up at work and went around to provide said company and indulge in some Star Trek TNG on Bluray.  We watched two episodes, slowly sipping on our cups of tea, Lonely Among Us and Justice.  Those episodes were from series 1, written and filmed while all the actors and writers were still finding their feet.
  Personally, despite all the digital remastering and improved special effects, I don't think I would notice the difference between the Bluray and original editions unless I watched them side by side, an outrageous statement that will doubtless inflame the techie senses of Mr Smart and TwoWrongs alike and may well result in my being forced to do just that.  The thing is, Star Trek TNG was always about the stories, and those remain excellent and unchanged by any tweaking of the technology.
  It was good to be there for a friend and to get to watch Star Trek and laugh and unwind, but it did put me yet another day behind on the blog.  I wouldn't have traded it though, life's too short to take things like this overly seriously.  Live life first, then write about it when you have time.

Tuesday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 45g Carman's Classic fruit and nut muesli bar followed by a 35g Carman's Dark Choc cranberry and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was two dried peach halves and 10g Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.
  • Lunch was a 300g red Thai chicken soup with a toasted wholemeal English muffin spread with one portion of The Laughing Cow cheese spread (17.5g).
  • Afternoon snack was a green nashi pear, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was a 500g mushoom and bacon risotto (still more like a savoury rice pudding, but satisfying enough for a quick fix dinner).
  • Dessert was a nice strong cup of black tea with a splash of milk.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment