Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2 - Blah Day

  A bit of a blah day today.  It did start with a nice view from the bus stop.


  I decided to catch public transport this morning, because I still think it's easier and certainly cheaper than driving but I can't say I wasn't worried about having another dizzy spell.  Mum had wondered last time if maybe I could be hyperventilating or something.  I recognise that I've been pretty stressed out lately so I wasn't going to dismiss it out of hand so this morning I concentrated on feeling calm.  I focused on breathing well, trying not thinking about work, staying out of the sun and I skipped the first two trains until I could get on one that allowed me to sit down.  I made it in without incident, though I did find I was feeling anxious.
  Whether that's anxiety from the train trip itself or the thought that maybe the dizzy spells were all in my head who knows, but at least it didn't happen again today.  I'm still pretty sure that lack of sleep ties into it, and the commute itself will always be painful, even if it is the cheaper, better more socially conscientious choice.  Either way living closer to the city would fix all of those related problems by reducing the time spent in a commute.  I think I'd best start working on that as a solution.
  I did manage to literally add a little sparkle to my day by having my nails done at lunch time.  One of the girls in the office recommended Goddess of Nails & Beauty at QV, so off I went.  It was a bit more pricey that places in the suburbs, but it did include a little bit more pampering, sort of a combined mini-manicure and shellac, and they did do a better job and have way more colours to choose from.  I went with sparkly deep purple, which is apparently easier to capture photographically than the midnight swim blue was!


  Also at lunch I went to Big W in search of Dark Vader tracksuit pants for one of the mini Masterchefs as his had shrunk in the wash.  The Big W at QV had the pants but not in the right size, so after I got home I headed to Big W Waverley Gardens and they did have them so, mission accomplished!  It was a bit of a long day, so I gave in to temptation tonight and stopped to grab fish and chips for dinner on the way home.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a 45g Carman's original fruit-free muesli bar and a 45g Carman's apricot and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was a slice of Brumby's banana and walnut bread.  Definitely bread rather than cake, it wasn't very moist unfortunately.  Also, a red plum.
  • Lunch was a classic pork bánh mì from roll'd.  A Vietnamese-French baguette with pâté, mayonnaise, sliced pork, pickled carrot, coriander, cucumber and spring onions.
  • Dinner was fish and chips, or more specifically two potato cakes, a crab stick, a corn jack and a battered frankfurt.  Salty yumness.
  • Exercise, for the fourth night in a row, was 20 minutes on the cross trainer at load 2.  I feel good about that.

  My evening was pretty much taken up in housework, though I still feel I've got nothing really done and I still need to empty the bins and roll the big bins to the nature strip... but it's cold out there.  Goodnight everyone!
  Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment