Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 17 - Knowledge Sharing

  Today was a fun day at work.  A colleague from Head Office, SwimDad, was coming in to do cross-training with me for the day (no, not the exercise type of cross-training, rather cross-departmental training).  SwimDad works in our Financial Accounting team and as an Office Administrator I produce quite a few documents that end up in that teams' hands.  His team know what they do with those documents, so today was all about seeing how they were produced at centre level.
  Of course it was also a good excuse to catch up with someone I've worked with for the entire seven years I've been with the company so we included grabbing lunch from Roll'd together in there as well.  SwimDad even joined the team for drinkies and was our honorary Quizmaster for the evening since he admitted he reads the quizzes during the week.
  After work I headed off to unwind for the week, it was my turn to impress TwoWrongs with my favourite Japanese restaurant, Asakusa in Malvern East.  Happily, my opinion (that Asakusa produce amazing and delicious food) was upheld as TwoWrongs ecstatically consumed mouthful after mouthful of dishes of my choosing.
  It was a lovey meal and afterwards we talked for a long while about this and that, and music.  We listened to some bits of an old comedy radio show we both like called I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again, in particular, some of Bill Oddie's silly songs.  I made a Barenaked Ladies convert of TwoWrongs.  Most people write them off as a silly happy-go-lucky kind of band thanks to their one huge world-wide hit 'One Week', but even that, when you listen to it more carefully, is full of their particular brand of melacholy, surly sentimentality.  They really are quite nasty boys at times.  And we listened to a bit of Cathal Coughlan, a Golden Palominos album (which was sad but beautiful) and finally some Shpongle before it was definitely time I was getting home.

  Friday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 45g Carman's apricot and almond muesli bar and a 35g Carman's dark choc, blueberry and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was two squares of chocolate marshmallow slice made by SwimDad's lovely wife.  It was delicious and he was asked to provide the recipe.
  • Lunch was a peach iced tea, mini seafood spring rolls with dipping sauce and a classic pork bánh mì from Roll'd.
  • Drinkies was two glasses of Schweppes Orange & Mango mineral water and handfuls of Red Rock honey soy chicken chips. 
  • Dinner was at Asakusa Japanese Restaurant and comprised:
  • Vegetarian roll and unagi (eel) roll.
  • Asparagus tempura with ponsu sauce (I forgot to photograph this).
  • Crispy salmon skin roll (my utter favourite starter)
  • Miso ramen soup (I forgot to photograph until I was halfway through)
  • Green tea, black sesame and red bean ice creams.
  • Lots of Japanese green tea and a few sips of warm sake.

  It was a good day and a good night.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment