Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 14 - I Love My Work, They Give Me Money!!


  Today the Commonwealth bank handed out a significant reward to all employees, big and small, including all wholly owned subsidiaries like the one I work for.  It was so significant in fact that it made the Australian Financial Review! Every employee was rewarded with a $250 prepaid Mastercard.  Woohoo!  Click here to read a bit more about it if you feel inclined.  I have no idea yet what I'm going to spend mine on.  Special dinner, night away, part payment on a ridiculously expensive but oh so gorgeous corset?  Who knows!  But it is certainly fun thinking about it.  I'm much better at thinking spending out these days.  Money doesn't burn quite as brightly in my pockets now that deep thought is the insulation.


  I had a good catch up with my outgoing boss today.  I say outgoing as she is temporarily replacing a person on maternity leave who has now announced that they are coming back early.  I'm going to miss her a lot.  We have a lot in common and she's very supportive and very easy to talk to.  It's been good to have a friend at work to help me through my adjustment to the new shopping centre.  I hope she's going to be happy wherever she goes next.  Anyway, the catch up was good and she offered up some assistance and ways I could get help which I hadn't considered but seemed to be good ideas.  I just hope the person coming back is as supportive and helpful.
  I worked late again tonight, just two more hours, which I will claw back later in the week by leaving an hour early on Wednesday and Friday.  Tonight I was doing my first pass of supplier statement reconciliations.  What's that? I hear you cry, on the edge of your seats for what is no doubt a fascinating process.  Supplier reconciliations are when a supplier sends you a statement listing all the invoices for purchases you've made up to a certain point in time (usually the end of every month) and you check them off against the system to see if everything has been paid or not.  This is all I do on the first pass and I went right through from A to Z.  The second pass I shall do some of tomorrow but it involves chasing up everything you haven't paid.  Thrilling, I know.
  As thrilling as that particular task is, by the end of it my desk was cleaner and I felt like I was moving in the right direction, even if it's never fast enough.  As soon as I was finished work I headed home to work on the blogs missing from last week!
  
Tuesday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 35g Carman's dark choc, blueberry and almond muesli bar and a 45g Carman's apricot and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was a dried pear half, a dried peach half and a 40g packet of Grain Waves sour cream and chive chips.
  • Lunch was a 300g red Thai chicken soup with a toasted wholemeal English muffin spread with 17.5g of The Laughing Cow cheese spread.
  • Dinner was a 200g pumpkin and parmesan mini quiche heated up in the microwave and an Imperial mandarin.

  No more extra time at work for me this week!  Mr Smart is going to stay over tomorrow and Thursday nights so I'm finishing on time, if not slightly early the next couple of nights.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment