Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 13 - Work Work Work

  It's official, Mr Smart is psychic.  Last night as he crawled into bed, Liverpool and Fulham were at one all and he casually announced that Liverpool would win 3-1.  I woke up this morning to find him gleefully pulling up the highlights for Liverpool's 3-1 victory.  If only he'd been psychic enough to lay money on it!
  Pizza Cat has been very good when I've been over lately.  She's been allowed to stay in the bedroom but she's maybe now better off being referred to as Paper Cat, since Mr Smart and I are no longer having takeaway pizza so there are no pizza boxes left for her to sit on.  She seems to like the paper box at any rate and looks super sweet curled up on it.
  I left late, just before 9am, and had a nice drive in to work.  I really enjoy having a flexible start time.  I hate being late so I've found that making sure I have work flexibility is a great way to relieve that stress.  As long as I'm there between 7am and 10am, I'm on time.
  Today was a very busy day at work, the billing deadline, so that is pretty much all I did all day.  I knew there were other things I had to be getting done though, so I did a couple of hours of extra time to get invoices moving along for a particular supplier.  I really hate paying people late, but when I get snowed under sometimes there are delays in process the more difficult invoices.
  I left work just before 9pm, which some might say is a fraction too late but to me that's only two hours extra.  See I started just before 10am, which means my official finish time would be 6:30pm.  If I stay late I take a half hour dinner break at my official finish time before going on, so it's not really that much extra work if you think about it that way, plus, it's very productive working when there is no one else around to interrupt you.  It does have the drawback though that there is no one to ask questions of if you get stuck!

Monday's food was:

  • Breakfast was Uncle Tobys berry-flavoured instant oats and a Nespresso Dulsão do Brasil pod coffee.
  • Morning snack was a 30g serve of fruit and nut sesame snaps and one dried peach half.
  • Lunch was a 300g creamy pumpkin soup with a toasted wholemeal English muffin spread with 17.5g of The Laughing Cow cheese spread.
  • Dinner was Breadtop!  Clockwise from the top-left, a pineapple coconut bun, a barbecue pork bun, a spicy chicken bun and a sausage bun.

  I am of course, still a little bit behind on the blog (seeing as it is now Sunday!) but I'm doing my best to catch up.  Life seems to be getting busier and busier!  I am definitely looking forward to my upcoming holiday but it's still eight weeks away!  I will just have to content myself with all the lovely time in lieu I will have accrued by the time I get through end of financial year...
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment