Monday, May 20, 2013

May 16 - Happy Birthday Teddy

A HUGE (admittedly now belated) Happy Birthday, To Teddy!

  Two years and three months ago, an Aussie and a Yank met in a British chatroom, and a friendship blossomed.  Pope Teddy Dog the First and Cardinal Jesster, Troggs united against the world.  As friends we've been through three birthdays apiece now and written tomes of emails and shared a lot of music and laughs.  I've even visited America to meet him.  All that time I spent in chatrooms, the better part of a year, people would berate me to go out and meet 'real' people, but as Teddy once brilliantly put it, "if our relationship isn't real then reality itself is far more tenuous than I ever suspected".  So here's to you Teddy, to many more years of a bizarre but loving friendship.  I promise there is a present coming but I had to wait to get paid!

  I felt on top of things today, for the first time in a long time.  There is still heaps to do, and no doubt it will feel out of control again very soon, but today at least it seemed more achievable.  I had a lovely lunch out with the boss today.  We got to catch up in a more social setting by heading downstairs to EcPot and dining in.  It made me remember all over again that I was sad she was leaving.  It's so nice having someone easy to talk to at work that you feel you can trust.
  I left a little early today, clawing back some of the extra time earlier in the week, and suffered through rush hour traffic past two accidents to get home to the waiting Mr Smart and a delicious home-cooked meal.  The slow cooker and he had collaborated very well and I was presented with yummy tender lamb shanks with mashed sweet potato.  As we served up, I noticed that he had even done my dishes!  A girl could get used to coming home to a man like that.
  After eating we watching this week's episode of Game of Thrones, another ending that came too soon!  Mr Smart remarked as well, that the credits always seem to roll leaving you desparately asking 'But what happens next!?'  We then started watching Hudson Hawk while I blogged, and he studied, but after a while he packed up and announced he was going to bed to read, so I hurried to finish up Sunday's blog and go and join him.


  Thursday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 45g Carman's Classic fruit and nut muesli bar and a 35g Carman's dark choc, cranberry and almond muesli bar.
  • Lunch was an entree serve of spicy salt and pepper calamari, a lemon iced tea and Hainanese chicken and rice at EcPot.  It was very delicious and the chicken was boneless so I'd definitely have it again as it's one of my favourite Asian dishes.
  • Afternoon snack was an Imperial mandarin.
  • Dinner was mashed sweet potato with two Moroccon lamb shanks, cooked and served with tomato, chickpeas, carrot and zucchini.  Definitely could have fed four people, rather than two, but it was so delicious.
  • Dessert was a small glass of Frangelico with two almond biscotti.
  I wish I had gotten to some of my book tonight.  I started a new one the other day, How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe by Charles Yu, which I bought when I was up in Brisbane recently.  It's captivating so far, but alas, talking until the wee hours of the morning prevented such relaxing pursuits.  Not that I'm complaining, talking is good too.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment