Friday, December 7, 2012

Dec 7 - All Barbecued Out

White Lindor Ball




"Unless we make Christmas an occasion
to share our blessings, all the snow in
Alaska won't make it 'white'.
"

- Bing Crosby







  A bit of an early start today.  I had physio at 8am before work.  I got there a little bit beforehand, just as the first physio was arriving to open up.  I sat down and read a magazine for five minutes or so until Rush arrived.  I like having the first appointment of the day, it means you don't have to wait.  Rush has identified what may be the underlying problem area and so I have another new exercise to try out.  My back was still tight and sore from pinching last Saturday morning so he also did some work on it and taped me up for a little stability.
  The new exercise is stand facing a wall, stand tall and then while essentially balancing on one leg, fingertips on the wall for safety's sake, you move your other leg gently backwards ten times while activating the glutes.  I like this one, it'll be easy to fit into my day.  I still need to do some back arches too and the other ones where possible but I'm concentrating primarily on the new one.
  Because I left the house early, I of course skipped out on breakfast.  Never a good move for me.  As a result I got to work famished and had leftover barbecue for breakfast.  In fact I had barbecue for breakfast, lunch and dinner today.  It's fair to say I've had enough barbecue for the foreseeable future!
  I was kind of dreading today, the manual billing deadline.  It felt like it would be another day where I failed to complete everything I wanted to but somehow, things just fell into place and I feel like I've taken a step forward to being on top of things again.  It was the gas billing that I was trying to get up to date.  The start of the financial year saw the introduction of carbon pricing on gas so I was behind while I waited for our incredibly slow supplier to bill us.  I couldn't bill the retailers until I knew what we were being charged.  Today I had enough data to get that right.
  The other hurdle to be handled prior to billing was making the appropriate changes to the gas billing spreadsheet to allow for the oncharge of the carbon pricing.  It wasn't too difficult, but it was fiddly.  The spreadsheet is riddled with formula and you never know what while happen when you add in a column or two.  It took me a while to be happy but I got there in the end.  It felt very satisfying to print off the invoices even if it was at 7pm!

  Our Duty Manager, hereto after known as Danger Mouse (DM), was surprised to see me still at work.  I was happy to remember that I wasn't alone in the office.  It being about dinner time, I decided it would be wasteful to go home and cook something when there was still leftover barbecue so I fixed DM and I up a plate each and we ate together in the lunch room.
  Danger Mouse has only been our duty manger for a month and a half and he was on leave for a month of that!  Duty managers in general kind of get the raw end of the deal sometimes.  They work all weekends and public holidays and late night trade so they don't get to be around the whole team very often, just Thursday and Friday afternoons really.  It was really nice to get to know him a bit.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a sausage in bread with tomato sauce and cheese and half a rum ball.
  • Morning Snack was a small piece of hedgehog and a small piece of fruit slice.
  • Lunch was two sausages in bread with tomato sauce, cheese and coleslaw and a side serve of potato salad.
  • Afternoon snack was small piece of marinated barbecue steak on a slice of bread spread with margarine.
  • Dinner was a sausage and two small piece of marinated barbecue steak with coleslaw and potato salad.
  • Today's advent calendar Lindor Ball was white chocolate.

  Not a good day for eating but then I expected a few days like these along the course of December.  I will just have to be careful again from tomorrow morning.  I did enjoy myself though, and that's more the point of this merry month.
  Jess

PS: Don't forget to vote for Kym Clark at livelikeaplayer.com.au!

No comments:

Post a Comment