Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dec 27 - Back to Work, Kind Of...

  I felt woozy this morning and had to take a little lie down on the bathroom floor.  This was brought on by a horrible combination of staying up way too late reading my last Joe Abercrombie book (nearly 2am but I'm so close to the end and everything is so exciting!), getting up early due to my offsider's still being on Christmas break, not eating breakfast before jumping in a hot shower and generally too high blood sugar due to the Christmas period.  I didn't measure how high, but I expect it's been up the creek lately.
  As a result of all that I was a little vague today at work.  I mainly focused on an incident report for Boxing Day which required a lot of evidence review and walking outside taking photos.  It was a pleasant enough way to while away the time.  The Marketing Manager was again filling the day with calls of "Why are we here?".  Not an existential question in this case, more of a rhetorical, 'we shouldn't have to be here when there is fun to be had'.  The advantage of being back at work is that the more routine, the better I end up eating.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 170g tub of Dairy Farmers Thick & Creamy Vine Passionfruit 98% fat free yoghurt.
  • Morning snack was a third of a tube of BBQ Pringles and two mini Moro bars.
  • Lunch was a Subway six inch Italian BMT with Old English cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and pickles and three steamed dim sims with soy sauce.
  • Afternoon snack was four Diamond Creek chocolates.
  • Dinner was a 325g Moroccan Vegetable Tagine, a sliced Lebanese cucumber and 212g (raw weight) Greek-style lamb rump steak.

   Still a few too many junky snacks in that mix I'll confess, but as the holiday season dies out and treats become less plentiful, it should get easier to start saying 'No' again.
 Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment