Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dec 30 - In The Spotlight

  A late start to the day again, 11am this time.  I really need to start getting to bed earlier, but I don't know, there always seems to be something more fun to do than sleeping.
  I wanted to do a couple of errands today so I showered and dressed and managed to get out of the house by half-noonish.  I went to Kmart where Mr Smart had advised there was a Homemaker brand pod coffee machine for just $29 which was compatible with the Nespresso pods.  I got their to find none left in stock other that the shelf/demo model.  I looked at it and pictured it in my kitchen taking up valuable real estate on the benches and thought, no.. it will wait a while longer.
  I headed off to Waverley Gardens thinking I would just grab a dozen tins of my favourite tuna at Woolworths, since it no longer seems to be available at Coles, only to find it was now no longer available at Woolworths either.  This was somewhat infuriating.  The second futile trip for the day and left me wondering what on earth to do about my tuna supply.
  My third stop was far more successful.  I went to Spotlight to grab Christmas fabrics!  I really was pleased as punch with how well my Santa sack this year turned out so I have now committed myself to making more of them for Christmas next year.  Christmas fabrics were already running very low and were 75% off!  I got some gorgeous Aussie themed ones, a Grinch fabric and some other not so unique but still pretty Christmas designs.  Along with the ribbon I got at The Reject Shop earlier, I am all set for a massive solo sewing bee.  The Seamstress will be pleased as punch.


   After a successful errand run (finally) I quickly grabbed a Ham & Pineapple Pizza Slice from Baker's Delight for lunch then headed home.  On my return home I ate said Pizza Slice and an almost ripe banana and went to the Conga Foods website to submit a plea for the names of stockists of the Sole Mare tuna I seek.   I just want the 95g tins of Sole Mare Tuna in Olive Oil so if anyone happens to spot them, please tell me!

  After lunch I'm afraid the day was fairly dull but productive as far as blog-writing goes.  With this entry in fact I am finally up to date.  Woohoo!  I don't like being behind, certainly not that far behind!  I don't mind doing Saturday's on Sunday, but almost seven days behind was a bit much.  I end up forgetting the little things that make my days worthwhile.
  For dinner tonight I made a plate of leftover bits and pieces.  Salami, mushrooms, yellow capsicum, Kraft Onion & Bacon dip, Turkish bread, Yumi's Eggplant dip, Perino snacking tomatoes and a few baby bocconcini.  After dinner I made a teeny-tiny Baileys on ice.  Two ice cubes and Baileys in an espresso cup, with a single milk-chocolate Lindor Ball.  It was yummy but I think next time I will dilute the Baileys a bit with milk.  I might be starting to enjoy the odd drink, but it still seems to be pretty strong a lot of the time.


  So that's it, nothing much more to do.  Pack a bag for tomorrow night I suppose.  I'm headed off to Mr Smart's sister's place for New Year's Eve and if I end up feeling like it, I may even get properly drunk for the first time.  May not be a good idea, but it's a new one and life gets pretty boring if you always stick with the sensible plan.  That said though, all of you going out tomorrow night to celebrate and get silly, for the love of all you hold dear, do not drink and drive.  Have a very happy and safe New Year's Eve everyone.
  Jess

PS: Hmmm.. only 9pm, must be finally time to try out Torchlight 2!!  Hooray1!


No comments:

Post a Comment