Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dec 28 - Food Improving

  Due to that fact that I was up very late again, this time finishing my last Joe Abercrombie book, and yesterday's dizzy spell, I decided to make and eat breakfast before getting in the shower.  That usually seems to help and it certainly did the trick today.  The only problem that caused was that I was handling a fruit knife before I'd really woken up so I did manage to slice the top of my left-hand ring finger.  Oh well.. it'll heal.
 Work passed slowly but at least a little more productively today.  It was so quite in the office but this wasn't an altogether bad thing as it allowed me to train up one of the receptionists in a new task.  She's keen to 'up-skill' as part of her three year career plan and I'm happy to share the knowledge.
  I popped into The Reject Shop at lunch today.  All their Christmas stock is down to 50% already so I grabbed quite a few rolls of good quality Christmas ribbon.  Since my Santa sack for Gub and the Cambridge Rower worked out so well I plan to make more similar ones for next year.  Hopefully not at the last minute this time but we shall see.  I also grabbed some extra wrapping paper rolls from Coles that were marked down too.  Just after Christmas is the best time to buy Christmas stuff!

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic Fruit & Nut Muesli topped with Jalna Greek Vanilla Yoghurt and a sliced yellow-flesh peach.
  • Lunch wasa Nandos Classic Chicken Wrap, a regular spicy rice and a 390ml Coke Zero.
  • Afternoon snack was Baker's Delight Apple Strudel Scone.
  • Dinner was a burger of Turkish bread, cheese, a fried egg, 260g (raw weight) Greek-style lamb rump steak, Perino snacking tomatoes, baby cos lettuce and Yumi's Eggplant dip.  It was delicious but extremely messy.
  • Dessert was four milk chocolate Lindor Balls.

  The evening passed quietly as I desperately tried to catch up on blogging (which I am of course still doing as I write this on Sunday 30th, but at least I'm getting close now!) but I also passed the time away chatting online with Earnest and other friends.  I'm a little sad that I won't get to see Mr Smart this weekend but we both have so much to catch up on and I will get to see him on New Year's Eve which is only a day after the weekend so it's not so bad I suppose.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment