Monday, December 3, 2012

Dec 1 (Part 2) - Home Again, Home Again


  The first of December dear friends, means the countdown to Christmas is on in earnest.  I love my advent calendar.  I remember it was thought incredibly frivolous of me when I spent the grand sum of $50 on it but I've never regretted it for a second.  This year I have filled each small compartment with a single Lindt Lindor Ball and two for Christmas Eve.
I intend to start the remaining blogs until Christmas with my daily Lindor Ball and a festive message or quotation.  So gird your loin folks, this blog's going full Yuletide.

The fabulous Advent Calendar of Miss Jessinabubble

Peanut Butter Lindor Ball




 “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”
  - George Carlin







  So I'm home again.  Sigh.  What to do this evening?  It was an exhausting week away, fabulous too but it takes a lot out of you rushing about from place to place.  My back was sore, my arms still red and itchy, but it was not terribly late in the day, just before 8pm.
I grabbed the cameras and started to offload the last day's photos.
  It's hungry work and though I procrastinated doing anything about it, it was soon evident that I'd need food.  I cheated one last time and ordered a dinner delivered, I was still on holidays after all.  It wasn't a bad deal actually, a small pasta, a small pizza and a can of drink for $17.  Not bad for this side of town at any rate.
  I started processing photos and trying to get going on the blog but there were lots of other things pulling for my attention.  I got a message from Masterchef, reminding me that I had something to look forward to tomorrow, high tea in Doncaster with her and Miss M at Beau Monde.  I thought about unpacking, but it's not like it will go anywhere so I left it and kept focused on emptying the cameras ready for a new day.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was two slices of lightly toasted multi-grain bread with a 'poached' egg (microwave poached I suspect) and a tiny sausage, one portion of Laughing Cow cream cheese spread, a yellow-flesh nectarine and a glass and a half of breakfast juice.
  • Lunch was a curried scallop pie, a 375ml Cascade Tasmanian apple juice and a cherry and almond frangipane.  It was all very nice.
  • Afternoon snack was am in-flight warmed Cheese and Tomato Scroll biscuit.
  • Dinner was a small marinara pasta from Wanda Pizza.  Ok, their small could probably feed two people, and it wasn't a patch on Tasmanian seafood, but it was satisfying after a long day travelling.
  • Today's advent calendar Lindor Ball was peanut butter.

  Neither Mr Smart or myself got the time on our trip to read much, despite both having brought books.  I am on the second instalment of the First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, called Before They Are Hanged.  Mr Smart is re-reading The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein in preparation for the upcoming release of the film version.  It was sad to see our holiday over, but it was somewhat comforting to slide into my own bed, and read.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment