Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dec 4 - A Home Cooked Meal

Stracciatella Lindor Ball





 “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”
- Peg Bracken






  Have I ever told you all that I have the best boyfriend in the world?  Last night Mr Smart mentioned that he was thinking of making a curry.  I asked him if the information was intended to torment me or entice me.  In a roundabout way it ended up being an invitation and while I was at work today I got an text asking for my ETA which I promptly gave.
  After work I headed straight there, pausing only to pick up a pack of roti at the supermarket, and arrived just a smidge earlier than the time I had predicted.  Mr Smart was standing in the kitchen over a bubbling pot of deliciously spiced curry, rice was cooking away, dinner was almost ready.  A scrumptious hot meal, ready and waiting on arriving 'home' from workWho could ask for more?
  After dinner we set my laptop up on Mr Smart's network and set the 12.6GB of holiday snaps copying across to his computer and then it was time to play catch up on the blog!  Mr Smart watched the first episode of a mini-series about the building of the Titanic.  He was a little disappointed when it ended as he didn't have the next one.  I have to admit, it did seem a pretty good show, but of course by then the photos had finished copying and Mr Smart was able to view our holiday snaps for the first time, and on the big TV screen too!  I do like the way he has all his technology interconnected.
  We were going through the holiday photos when Mr Smart came across one of a skink we found at a lookout on the way into Launceston.  He zoomed in on it with three clicks stages muttering dun dun duunn as the skink became ominously larger.
It had me in fits of giggles.


Dun dun duunn!
 
   Embiggening skinks aside, my efforts to catch up were also somewhat stymied by Mr Smart putting on the Top Gear 50th Anniversary of Bond Special which he'd set up knowing full well I really wanted to see it!  It had played on TV the night we were on our penguin tour in Bicheno but he'd managed to grab a copy for watching later.  It was a lot of fun seeing all the Bond car chase scenes and watching Richard Hammond take a fairly leaky ride in a Top Gear homemade submarine car.
  I finished Sunday's blog.  I had hoped to be caught up today but Mr Smart's cleverly thought out distractions thwarted my efforts.  Nevermind... tomorrow it is.  Eventually it was time for me to drive myself home and to bed.  I left, somewhat reluctantly, and drove home with the heating up high.  Frost bitten fingers and toes, the rain and howling wind, there is nothing quite like summer in Melbourne.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a toasted slice of Tip Top Cafe Extra Thick Raisin Toast spread with Meadow Lea margarine and a 170g Dairy Farmers Thick & Creamy Vine Passionfruit 98% fat free yoghurt.
  • Morning Snack was a 125g punnet of fresh blueberries.
  • Lunch was a Mountain Bread Chia Seed Wrap topped with 40g of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, baby cos lettuce, 75g of Inghams Roasted Turkey Breast and 10 slices of Lebanese cucumber.  I also had a yellow-flesh peach.
  • Afternoon snack was white-flesh nectarine.
  • Dinner was a small serve of rice with Mr Smart's beef and vegetable curry and two roti heated in the microwave.  I shall have to learn to make roti I think.
  • Today's advent calendar Lindor Ball was Stracciatella; a white chocolate shell containing cocoa pieces with a smooth white filling.

  The camera was pretty full after today, I still haven't deleted the holiday snaps off of the memory cards.  I suppose I could now that they are on three computers.  I thought about turning on my computer when I got home just to offload the pictures for the day, but it was already close to midnight and it seemed like a great deal more hassle than it was worth.  Instead I slunk off to bed.  It was very cold today so I swaddled myself in my doona and ran the fan heater for just a little while as I read three or four chapters of my book.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment