Monday, December 17, 2012

Dec 17 - Gub's Birthday

Milk & White Lindor Ball


  No Christmas quote today folks, because it's time to wish Gub a Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday Gub!

  It is only two sleeps until she gets here and I can't wait to give her big sister birthday cuddles!




  I'm excited beyond words that my littlest sister will soon be home with new partner in tow but I'm also terribly anxious tonight.  I have so much to do and I know that it's not all going to get done.  I accept within myself that I am not a tidy person, I live on my own so my mess is my own and doesn't really affect anyone but me (though admitted those effects are sometimes negative even to just me).
  The problem is, even though it's my mess, I don't like to be judged by it.  Everyone likes to make a good first impression or a perfect one even, but everyone also has flaws.  The lack of a clean house is one of my flaws.  I am not good at decluttering, I am not good at doing more than the essential cleaning (ie. dishes and laundry) and I am not so good at finishing one thing before I start the next.
  I know I'm probably stressing over nothing.  I know Gub accepts me the way I am and has stayed in my scattered nest many a time, but her partner hasn't.  So to our dear Cambridge Rower I ask only one favour, put your blinkers on and meet me before you meet my mess.
 
  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a Cheesymite Scroll and a Savoury Bite from Baker's Delight. 
  • Lunch was four hand-rolls from Sushi Sushi with some Japanese mayonnaise on the side.  Crispy Chicken, Salt & Pepper Calamari, Salmon and Prawn. 
  • Afternoon snack was a navel orange. 
  • Dinner was a homemade salad of iceberg lettuce, a small roughly diced red capsicum, a roughtly diced ripe tomato, a drained 95g tin of Sole Mare Tune in Olive Oil, two soft-boiled eggs, Heinz Salad Cream and salt and pepper.  Followed by a dessert of a 170g Dairy Farmers Thick & Creamy Raspberries and Cream yoghurt. 
  • Today's advent calendar Lindor Ball was a milk chocolate shell with a smooth white chocolate filling.

  I've tried so hard to get things done tonight, and I've not done badly if I'm fair on myself.  I did two loads of washing, wrapped an awkward present that did not want to behave, made slow-roasted pumpkin soup that exploded up the kitchen wall.  The soup was fine and so was I, it was just a largish air bubble popping I think.  It shot straight up out of the middle of the pot almost to the ceiling!   I will need a ladder to clean those bits.
  Sorry for the short blog, I'm stressed and tired and trying to use the time as best I can.
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. I love your scattered nest, and the Cambridge rower says "I'm just looking forward to meeting her, I don't care about the house". Love you, and see you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete