Monday, December 10, 2012

Dec 10 - A Quiet Night

Milk Lindor Ball



"I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow





  I had to laugh last night as I went to brush my teeth.  The toothpaste fairy had been again.  The toothpaste fairy knows very well that I put the toothpaste tube cap down into the cap so that it empties from the end.  And yes, I also only squeeze from the end and not the middle.  I'm persnickety like that.  But the toothpaste fairy has also worked out that his silent secret maneuvering makes me giggle everytime.  So it happens often.  My head was kind of swimming with thoughts about the past, but the little giggle helped me remember it all didn't matter.  Life now matters.  Thank you toothpaste fairy!
  I had trouble sleeping so a lot of book got read and I rose fairly late in the morning.  Breakfast was forgotten and deadlines were at the forefront of my mind.  I had a lot of distractions today.  Activating retailers to accept gift cards, banking, and an unsuccessful Hawaiian shirt search.  I found heaps of Hawaiian shorts though.. trend alert?  The ones at Rivers were pretty cool.  Anyway, in the end I got the deadlines finished on time and I remembered to buy important things like ingredients for dinner, and I left on time and headed to Mr Smart's place.
  Mr Smart first tormented me further with my Christmas present.  It is bigger than it looked in the tiny photo he texted me yesterday.  After holding it, I'm still betting book, but I can't imagine what kind of book would be so big!  An encyclopaedia perhaps?  I can't imagine Mr Smart giving me a printed encyclopaedia.. Brittanica on DVD perhaps, but not a printed tome.  Which also makes me doubt book!  Mr Smart is after all, a firm believer in the e-book.  A devout kindler.  Darn it but he's so sneaky!
  We made dinner and watched the news on SBS.  Tomorrow there is a program on at 8:30pm about why some exercise is useless.  Can't say I'm not interested!  Hopefully I remember to watch it.  It was a really a lovely evening outside so I suggested a walk and off we went.  We bumped into Ziggy, who I would describe as the most amazingly friendly cat I've ever encountered.  At one point he got so into his pat that he rolled over on top of my feet and let me rub his soft underbelly.  And no sign of suddenly changing his mind either!  He was really so aloof that I'd wonder if maybe he was a dog in cat's pyjamas!
  We wandered around the neighbourhood fantasising about all the picturesque houses with views of the city that we could afford if we won tattslotto.  As it turned out, the best view of the city we got on our walk was looking straight down the South Morang train line as the sun was sloping off into the shadows.


  After our walk, which we think took about an hour but neither of us was really keeping track, we settled in for blog writing and watching a movie.  We watched Rock of Ages and though I usually avoid movies with Tom Cruise in them, I actually kind of enjoyed this one.  It was just silly for silly's sake.  It was a good one to be able to watch distractedly while processing photos and typing.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Lunch was a bento box from Sushi Sushi and a salt & pepper calamari hand roll with a side of mayonnaise.
  • Afternoon snack was 40g of Lindt dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt.  I'd been wanting to try it for a while.
  • Dinner was a red snapper fillet, cooked to perfection by the fabulous Mr Smart, with some cucumber, some potato salad and some pasta salad.
  • Today's advent calendar Lindor Ball was milk chocolate.
  • Exercise was a long and pleasant walk around Mr Smart's neighbourhood.

  So that's it for today.  Short but sweet.  It's been a relaxing evening and tomorrow is my day off so I don't have to go home or wake overly early.  I just have to be back in time for my physio appointment!  Goodnight everyone.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment