Sunday, October 7, 2012

Oct 7 - Stuff Ups A-Plenty

  I ended up getting an hour and a half of sleep before Tricky dropped my nephew off.  I was still dressed so I didn't bother changing.  I put on a DVD of the How To Train Your Dragon post-movie TV Series that Mr Smart made for my nephew and fetched the obligatory container of dry Coco Pops.  My nephew realised quite a while ago that if he asked for Coco Pops with milk, he had to sit at the table while he was allowed dry ones in front of the television, so now he always wants them dry.
  Miss Mischief arrived at around 10am and the three of us bundled up into the car and headed off to Jells Park for our walk and picnic.  My nephew managed to do about forty percent of the walking on his own and I carried him on my shoulders for the other stretches.  It was an interesting feeling, because although the weight was distributed better, he does weight about what I have lost.  I was certainly puffing and panting a lot more with his little bod up there.
  There was a playground quite close to the car which was handy as once it was in view it made it easy to motivate him to walk on his own.  Or even run and skip! He got to have one play before our lunch and one play afterwards.
  Miss Mischief provided lunch today and she did very well indeed.  She had assembled three make-your-own-sandwich kits.  Each kit was two slices of Bürgen Wholemeal & Seeds Bread spread with margarine and topped with a slice of cheese.  She then provided additional toppings for adding on: tomato, cos lettuce, cucumber slices, hard-boiled eggs and small green stuffed olives.  I had my sandwich as shown, and two hard-boiled egg and some of the olives separately.
  After our fun at the park was over we all returned to my house and I made some sweet potato fries in the AirFryer for everyone to share and we had a Bertie Beetle each.  My nephew also polished off the remaining Wagon Wheel.  We all tucked ourselves under the doona on the couch and watched a couple of the How To Train You Dragon episodes.  After that it was time to take Miss Mischief home which we did without issue.
  My nephew fell into a sound sleep before we reached our drop off point and was still asleep when he and I arrived back home.  He didn't stir until I went to take him out of his car seat.  He was still sufficiently sleepy though to respond positively to the suggestion of "How about auntie puts the dragon cartoons on again and we have a nap together?"  So that's exactly what we did.  I curled up on the couch, he curled up in front of me, I flicked on the cartoons and sooner than you can say Bam! we were both fast asleep.
  The only trouble with this plan was that I was expecting Bertie at 3pm.  When I suggested a nap I glanced at the clock which said 1:30pm so I figured on another one and a half hours of sleep for me.  Of course I was looking at the one clock I'd forgotten to move forward yet so half an hour later I was woken by the knocks at the door.
  Bertie arrived and we talked about how and when we would both head home for the funeral, about how our days had been and about what a good little eater her son had been all day.  I was thinking about getting the laundry in when there was another knock at the door.  It was too early to be Tricky.
  It ended up being my new neighbour.  He had a plumber telling him he needed pipes replacing blah blah and could they look under my house please.  Well I was headed out to the back yard anyway so I said, sure, knock yourselves out.  He wanted to see if the soil was consistently damp across both sides of the property or whether the 'leak' he had been quoted on really existed.  Not sure why he didn't just turn all his taps off and see if the meter was still ticking over.  I suggested that too him and he wasn't sure why that hadn't occurred to him either.  Still it was good to meet him and we swapped numbers in case of emergencies.  He is probably going to tenant out the property.
  While I was busy chatting to new neighbours and bringing in my washing, Bertie stole my cushy couch corner and was fast asleep when I returned.  I left her sleeping peacefully and my nephew running her phone flat with Angry Birds and went to sketch out my blog outline for the day.  I was feeling a little peckish again by now so I had eight Vita-Weat Multigrain Rice Crackers and some Yumi Hummus and then two Natural Confectionery Co Strawberries & Cream Bliss lollies.
  When Bertie awoke, we had time and opportunity to re-take my measurements
Here are the measurements taken in full:

Neck
  39.0 cm


Left Upper Arm
  42.0 cm
Right Upper Arm
  41.0 cm
Left Lower Arm
  26.5 cm
Right Lower Arm
  27.5 cm
Bust
126.5 cm
Torso
111.0 cm
Waist
110.5 cm
Hips
131.0 cm
Left Thigh
  72.5 cm
Right Thigh
  71.0 cm
Left Calf
  50.0 cm
Right Calf
  50.0 cm
 
  To see the original measurements you can click here but in summary, I have lost everywhere.  The biggest loss was off my torso (that oh so annoying tummy roll under my boobs) which was down by 8.0 cm!  The next biggest loss was 6.5 cm off my hips and in most other areas it was between 2 cm and 3 cm.  It's very encouraging data.  I'm finding today, with my mind so preoccupied, that my appetite and desires are up shit creek, so the new measurements served as a reminder that I'm on the right track.
  I didn't do fantastically well tonight as it turns out.  Tricky arrived about 6pm and the four of us headed down to the Kebab Joint for dinner.  I started out relatively well.  I ordered the Kofte Kebab which is homemade Turkish meatballs in a pita with lettuce, tomato, onion and garlic sauce.  Not a brilliant choice, but pretty good as takeaways go.  But then I also snuck a fair few of my nephew's chips and, even though we were both already full, Bertie and I ordered desserts to share.

Lime & Coconut Cheesecake and Chocolate Mousse Pipe Cake
  It definitely showed up in my blood sugar result, 9.8!  Not impressed with myself there.
I did mention to Mr Smart that I was mildy loathing myself but he forbade that.  He said that "You just have to know that sometimes there are bigger things to focus on, so you can let go for a day. If you do it again tomorrow, then it's an issue".  I can live with that.
  The coming week is going to be a really tough one for staying on track though as I will very likely be returning to Adelaide for my Granny's funeral.  I'm not going to promise that I won't comfort eat, sometimes I'll win that battle and sometimes I won't and this week is likely to throw a lot of temptations at me.  I am just going to try to get it right, forgive myself and move on when I don't, and see how I go.  I'm confident though that my eating will return to normal the week following.
  I am well and truly exhausted now so I am heading to bed.  Two hours sleep in the last thirty-six is not enough and the beginning of daylight savings does nothing to help.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment