Friday, October 19, 2012

Oct 19 - Realistic Goals

Runnin' Rhino by Allan Faustino

  Miss Mischief posted a version of Runnin' Rhino on facebook this evening.  It made me laugh but despite the humour it also made me stop for a moment and think about my goals.  It's all very well for me to want to be fitter, healthier, and yes even thinner, but no amount of diet and exercise is going to turn a rhino into a unicorn.  I've got a curvy build so I'll never be a Kate Moss and nor do I want to be.  I'm actually not aiming for my 'ideal weight', I'll be happy to get within 10kg of it.  Or even 20kg at this point!
  I love food.  I'm passionate about it and I find a great deal of joy in it.  I will never starve myself or miss out on a good meal with friends for the sake of 'being good'.  And while I now enjoy my exercise most of the time, I'm still glad when it finishes.  I don't feel I'm ever likely to reach exercise levels that could be described as excessive or obsessive.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the end, I'm ok with being a voluptuous rhino.

  The day passed swiftly today and I finally started tackling extended trade calculations.  My current right-hand gal came shopping with me at lunch time.  I wanted to buy a dress (and I did) but I am not usually a dress wearer so I desperately wanted a second opinion.  It fit really well and I looked pretty, if I do say so myself.  I wanted a dress to wear to a special occasion coming up early next month and this one is lovely.
  After work I got some groceries and headed home.  It was nice outside this afternoon so I left the front door open for a while to let some fresh air in.  I like it when the weather gets like this.  Not hot, but warm and breezy.  Dinner needed some marinading time so I started it, then exercised, then finished it and ate.  I had grand plans of doing dishes, laundry and more but then I remember that it's Friday so instead I had a long meandering talk with Earnest.  I found that a lot more satisfying than housework.  There will be plenty of time for housework tomorrow while I am looking after my nephew.

Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was yoghurt, muesli and sliced banana.
  • Morning snack was a Kiwi Fruit with the skin on.
  • I just did not want another wrap today so lunch was a vegetarian pan roll and a bowl of saffron rice and creamy potato curry from Mild n Spicy.  Delicious, though entirely bad for me.
  • Afternoon snack was a nice green Packham pear.
  • Exercise was 42 minutes at load 2 on the cross trainer.
  • Dinner was two Spicy Drumsticks with baby pak choy salad and Red Kelly's Sweet Chilli and Lime dressing.
  • Dessert was 20g Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.                  
  I'm so glad that it's Friday!  Even if I do have to get up early tomorrow.  It's been a long week, and my five day work week too.  I think my proudest moment this week has been that I've done the cross trainer every weeknight.  It feels good to achieve that and I think that exercise five times a week is a realistic and sensible goal for now.  As a bonus, having done that already, I now feel like I have the option of a weekend off if I choose.

  Have a lovely weekend everyone.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment